Michio Kaku - the Jimmy Page of physics

Michio Kaku - the Jimmy Page of physics.

Anyone get the joke? :biggrin:

Answers and Replies

Monocerotis
Gold Member
Page has been described as "unquestionably one of the all-time most influential, important, and versatile guitarists and songwriters in rock history

Kaku as the unquentionably all time most influential, important, and versatile physicists and mathematician in science history ?

i-dont-think-so.jpg

I ****ing hate him if he was not asian.

Page has been described as "unquestionably one of the all-time most influential, important, and versatile guitarists and songwriters in rock history

Kaku as the unquentionably all time most influential, important, and versatile physicists and mathematician in science history ?

i-dont-think-so.jpg

Obviously, you did not get the joke.

I get it.

"the day the physics died" or some such

i-dont-think-so.jpg

I question the description.

Joke fail...

Monocerotis
Gold Member
Joke fail...

Mine or jhooper3581 ?

Because the picture I posted always makes me laugh.

Something to do with this?
http://angelinafauxlie.wordpress.com/2008/08/25/jimmy-page-and-michio-kaku-the-same-person/" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine or jhooper3581 ?

Because the picture I posted always makes me laugh.

jhooper3581's

Evo
Mentor

The two look very much alike now days. Soemone sent me the pictures of the two of them just the other day and it was quite funny. So, I thought the joke was the physical resemblance.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The two look very much alike now days. Soemone sent me the pictures of the two of them just the other day and it was quite funny. So, I thought the joke was the physical resemblance.

Ah...if it took 11 posts to explain, I have to agree...joke fail.

Weird how they look so much alike, though.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I don't see the resemblance you're all talking about, other than they both have longish gray hair in an outdated style.

Evo
Mentor
Damn, I can't find the picture of Kaku I was sent the other night.

I'll have to find it. I didn't believe that they looked so much alike either, but this was too funny.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I don't see the resemblance you're all talking about, other than they both have longish gray hair in an outdated style.

Try these two shots:

14w60hs.jpg

2r6eljn.jpg

Evo
Mentor
Try these two shots:

14w60hs.jpg

2r6eljn.jpg
LOL. Separated at birth?

Yeah, I will admit the joke pretty much failed. But, they now both look really alike! And they're both geniuses!

Yeah, I will admit the joke pretty much failed. But, they now both look really alike! And they're both geniuses!

Is Michio Kaku considered a genius in the Physics world? I have watched a few interviews of him in youtube. I felt was he is more into self promoting.

Is Michio Kaku considered a genius in the Physics world? I have watched a few interviews of him in youtube. I felt was he is more into self promoting.

I thought that was the analogy to Jimmy Page.

Borek
Mentor
14w60hs.jpg

I have just lost something, Zeppellins will never sound the same :grumpy:

Michio Kaku should be considered a genius physicist. He is even smarter than most of physicists out there today.

Not sure if he is smarter than others, but he does possess great charisma and does well to inspire people.

Ouabache
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Kaku is often referred to as the heir apparent to Carl Sagan, in terms inspiring and bringing science to the lay public.

Never heard of him.

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Michio Kaku sounds crazy whenever I hear him talk. He talks mumbo jumbo all the time.