Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Modeling Jet Fans in Parking Ventilation in Ansys CFX

1. Apr 4, 2016 #1
    Hi , I'm new to CFD. I'm modeling a parking ventilation system in ansys CFX. I'm having some trouble modeling the jet fans . I went as follows. I created a fresh air inlet (Opening BC), an exhuast outlet (outlet BC) and in the middle I distributed jet fans .The jet fans are modeled as sub domains with momentum sources(momentum calculated from the thrust). In addition, I simulated a fire through flow inlet BC at a surface with and additional variable(smoke). I ran a transient analysis. The problem is the results seem unreal.
    Generally, how does my methodology look. Am I on the right track. Any tips or ideas about why my results seem unreal.
    Thank You

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 4, 2016 #2

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've just looked at some jet fan manufacturers websites . In each case they give comprehensive technical information about their products .

The information provided seems to tell you everything you need to know .

Please describe what specific difficulties you have .

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  4. Apr 5, 2016 #3
    My specific difficulties have to do with how to numerically model the jet fans and smoke in ansys cfx

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted