Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Modeling Projectile Motion in Matlab

1. May 4, 2006 #1
    Hey,
    I'm trying to model the motion of a batted ball (the pitch, collision and the hit). However, I'm including air resistance and drag, which makes it that much more difficult. I was wondering if there's anyone that would be willing to help get my matlab files to run properly and maybe check the equations I have.
    I will paypal money to whoever can fix my mfiles and function files.
    Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. May 21, 2006 #2
    I have written an m-file that models a projectile in 3 dimensions with drag that is proportional to the velocity squared. Tell me if ur interested

4. Jun 26, 2008 #3
    I am interested..I just started using matlab so this example would be very helpful..

5. Jan 13, 2009 #4
    Could u send me the mfile which u have written. Mail it to me at Personal e-mail address removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009
  6. Feb 28, 2009 #5
    If you still have the coding for the above, pls could you attach it to this mail address, Personal e-mail address removed ,,cheers,

7. Apr 20, 2009 #6
    Re: Modeling Projectile Motion in Matlab
    Could you send me the m file that you have for 3-d projectile motion, please..
    my adress is : Personal e-mail address removed

8. Dec 18, 2009 #7
    hi i was wondering if you could send the projectile motion .m file to scoady@live.ie please? cheers

9. Dec 18, 2009 #8
    i also program projectile motion codes in matlab.. you can also sen it to me to check it.. by.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?