Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My group has given the task of modeling projection of line and my

1. Oct 28, 2013 #1
    My group has given the task of modeling projection of line and my part is to construct the vertical and horizontal plane.

So my idea is to have two mirrors joined like an laptop, so that we can fold them and they can also be perpendicular.

I'm thinking of making hole in one mirror and a hook in another one , so i can insert the hooks into the hole and therefore i can rotate one mirror with respective to another.

The problem is how can insert the hooks into the hole, if it was plastic it would be flexible to bend and we can insert both hokes, in case of mirror how can we?

Is there another better way to do it......? I

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2013 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

why not mount the mirrors on two pieces of wood and hinge the wood pieces together? That way you don't have to drill a hole in one of the mirrors.

4. Oct 28, 2013 #3
    Good idea thanks....! But is there way to make with mirrors any suggestions, you have?

5. Oct 28, 2013 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

the cheapest thing is to use duct tape (aka duck tape, gray tape) taped along the backs of the mirrors as a sort of hinge. I'd worry about removing the duct tape afterwards removing some of the mirror backing and ruining the mirror.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook