My group has given the task of modeling projection of line and my

In summary, the conversation discusses different ideas for constructing a vertical and horizontal plane using mirrors. One suggestion is to join two mirrors together like a laptop, with a hole in one mirror and a hook in the other to allow for rotation. However, there is concern about the durability of this method. Another suggestion is to mount the mirrors on pieces of wood and hinge them together, but the use of duct tape is also brought up as a cheaper option. Ultimately, the conversation ends with the group deciding to use wood and hinges for their project.
ajayguhan
My group has given the task of modeling projection of line and my part is to construct the vertical and horizontal plane.

So my idea is to have two mirrors joined like an laptop, so that we can fold them and they can also be perpendicular.

I'm thinking of making hole in one mirror and a hook in another one , so i can insert the hooks into the hole and therefore i can rotate one mirror with respective to another.

The problem is how can insert the hooks into the hole, if it was plastic it would be flexible to bend and we can insert both hokes, in case of mirror how can we?

Is there another better way to do it...? I

Engineering news on Phys.org
why not mount the mirrors on two pieces of wood and hinge the wood pieces together? That way you don't have to drill a hole in one of the mirrors.

Good idea thanks...! But is there way to make with mirrors any suggestions, you have?

the cheapest thing is to use duct tape (aka duck tape, gray tape) taped along the backs of the mirrors as a sort of hinge. I'd worry about removing the duct tape afterwards removing some of the mirror backing and ruining the mirror.

1. What is the purpose of modeling a projection of a line?

The purpose of modeling a projection of a line is to visually represent how that line would appear when projected onto a two-dimensional surface. This can help with understanding the properties of the line and its relationship to other objects in the projected space.

2. What tools or techniques are commonly used for modeling projections of lines?

Some common tools and techniques used for modeling projections of lines include computer software programs, graph paper, and various mathematical equations and formulas.

3. How do you determine the accuracy of a projected line model?

The accuracy of a projected line model can be determined by comparing it to real-life projections, using mathematical calculations to verify the accuracy of the model, and seeking feedback from other experts in the field.

4. What are some common challenges in modeling projections of lines?

Some common challenges in modeling projections of lines include accounting for distortion and perspective, accurately representing the properties of the line in the projected space, and ensuring the model is mathematically sound.

5. Can modeling projections of lines be applied to real-world scenarios?

Yes, modeling projections of lines can be applied to real-world scenarios in various fields such as architecture, engineering, and cartography. It can also be useful in understanding the behavior of light and objects in a three-dimensional space.