1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Morehead State -- Space Systems Engineering MS

1. Feb 25, 2016 #1
    Hi, I was just accepted to this program and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it. It seems quite rigorous, but my main concern is that I know little of the school. The research looks quite interesting and I know that Kentucky is injecting large amounts of funding to the local space manufacturing industry, but would I be able to work in an actual engineering capacity with this degree, or is meant more for technicians?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 26, 2016 #2
    If no one has experience with this program, perhaps someone has knowledge of the one at Johns Hopkins or the like?

4. Feb 27, 2016 #3
    You would definitely be able to work in engineering roles, though from my research it indicates more of a systems engineer/management role rather than design or manufacture if that makes sense. Though a ms in astronautical engineering should alsp be considered.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  5. Feb 28, 2016 #4
    Yeah, it seems like a hybrid operations/design curriculum? but the facilities that they have seem pretty impressing. I think I'll do more research. Thanks for the reply.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook