Force is applied to a body from A to B, and then withdrawn.
Question: What happens after B ?
1. Will the body keeps accelerating after B ?
2. Will the body keeps moving with constant velocity after B ?
Consider both friction and frictionless surface.
2. The attempt at a solution
Case1 : Frictionless surface
1. No. The body stops accelerating because force is removed.
Case2 : Frictional surface
1. No. The body stops accelerating because external force is removed.
2. No, body will deccelerate, and this decceleration would be found using frictional force which is now the only force acting on it.