Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Motion: Giorgio A. Tsoukalos A Scientist

1. Jul 9, 2013 #1
    A motion has been moved that Giorgio A. Tsoukalos be, for Maori Parliamentary Purposes, considered a scientist. Those in favour will vote yes, to the contrary no.

The poll will be opened for one week, ending 16th July 2013 17:19 NZST.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2013 #2
    I think we should consider what he wants. Does he want to be considered a scientist? Maybe he wants to be considered a dog sled racer, or a tamale vendor. No one's asked him, have they?

4. Jul 9, 2013 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

LOL.

attachment.php?attachmentid=60139&d=1373347706.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Jul 9, 2013 #4
    IMO, the guy is a crackpot. I've seen a couple of documentaries with him in them. Quite a few times he would say something that makes me literally say, out loud, "Where the hell did he come up with that?!" A non sequitur at it's finest.

"And as you can see, this artifact looks like a triangle. For that reason among many we can then deduce that aliens gave early man insight into space travel!"

:P

6. Jul 9, 2013 #5

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Look at the guy's hair. He's the one that's an alien.

7. Jul 9, 2013 #6
    This has to be the best one! lol :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IABsBprJJPo

8. Jul 9, 2013 #7
    I don't see why you think he's a crackpot. He never says "quantum" aliens. Just aliens.

9. Jul 9, 2013 #8
    I think it's how he approaches 'filling in the voids'. That and how quickly he dismisses the level of ingenuity early human civilization possessed.

We're currently the most advanced people this planet has ever seen. My ego refuses to allow any previous civilization to hold even the slightest similarity to ours! They were way too simple! Something along that line.

10. Jul 9, 2013 #9
    What more do you need to know? If you can't smell those qualifications, you need to ask yourself, "are YOU really a scientist?"

11. Jul 9, 2013 #10
    Of course. That man is a genius, a Galileo, who will soon revolutionize science and move it to the next level.

Pay no heed to the naysayers.

12. Jul 9, 2013 #11

HayleySarg

Gold Member

Hmm. No.

Honestly, it's good entertainment, but that's all it seems to be. He certainly doesn't think like a scientist. He thinks like a showman.

13. Jul 9, 2013 #12
    You two report to the Department of Remedial Humor asap.

14. Jul 9, 2013 #13

HayleySarg

Gold Member

I refuse.

That's where the Aliens are. They'll brainwash me into thinking that this is even remotely funny. I couldn't have that.

Last time the aliens visited, it hurt to sit for weeks.

Cheers

15. Jul 9, 2013 #14
    It's no wonder aliens don't like you. They're sick of those probe jokes.

16. Jul 9, 2013 #15

HayleySarg

Gold Member

If you were me, you wouldn't be laughing.

Freakin' aliens!

17. Jul 9, 2013 #16
    Where is Ivan Seeking when you need him?

18. Jul 9, 2013 #17
    That's the problem with aliens in general, not even courteous enough to bring along some probe lube :frown:

19. Jul 9, 2013 #18

Bandersnatch

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I support the motion.
    However, we first need to test his blood as they did in "The Thing". We can't risk an alien infiltrating the scientific community(And boy, that hair looks positively extraterrestial).

20. Jul 9, 2013 #19

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

His theory that ancient humans misconstrued aliens for god-like beings is much more rational than the idea that such beings actually exist, the latter being much much more prevalent in modern society. His level of craziness is still fourth in place behind astrologists, spiritual people, and religious nutbags.

21. Jul 9, 2013 #20
    The last three people Evo and I will pretend to be, and target the rich and famous, plus those idiotic enough to pay for our 'services'... former Harold Camping followers.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook