Mounting Shaft to Plywood or Plastic - Ideas?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
nickthegenie
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello,

As part of a project I'm working on, I need to mount a shaft to a sheet of plywood or plastic. On this shaft will sit a gear which rotates. The shaft, however, should not rotate or move in any way. I have tried using a threaded shaft, mounting it to wood just by screwing in two nuts on either side of the wood but I still run into some wobble with this configuration.

Does anyone have other ideas/configurations for mounting a shaft like this? I would appreciate any guidance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Put a thick piece of hardwood or stack of ply wood on back of main plywood sheet and drill through . Gives a longer length of engagement for shaft and improved stiffness .
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nickthegenie