Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Movies you would like someone to make

1. Dec 25, 2008 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have always wanted to see AC Clarke's, Childhood's End, made into a movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childhood's_End

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 25, 2008 #2

Pythagorean

Gold Member

Cold Fire by Dean Koontz, there were a couple others Koontz ones, too.

The Physiognamy

4. Dec 25, 2008 #3

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I want Chris Nolan to remake Dark Knight with the same style and fulfilling the hope that was built up after Batman Begins.

5. Dec 25, 2008 #4
    I can't stand Koontz. The one good book he wrote was turned into crappy movie. Watchers. His other 14,000 books aren't as good. I just don't believe it is possible to write great literature when you are turning out a novel a day, two on Saturdays.

I would like to see RA Salvatore's Drizzt Do'Urden stories become a movie.

6. Dec 25, 2008 #5
    I think a good job could be done with Footfall.
    Footfall is a 1985 science fiction novel written by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footfall

7. Dec 25, 2008 #6
    I've always thought a good documentary could be made about the most dangerous and deadly man who ever lived. I can't remember his name right now, but he was the guy who discovered that by putting lead in gasoline it eliminated engine knock. He didn't stop there though, a few years later he invented CFCs. He single handedly poisoned the entire planet and depleted the ozone layer.

8. Dec 25, 2008 #7
    They are making it, but The Watchmen.

One of Time's top 100 novels of all time.

9. Dec 25, 2008 #8
    I'd love to see The Dark Tower turned into a movie. However, they can not be allowed to bastardize it like they did with every other Stephen King novel-turned-movie.

10. Dec 25, 2008 #9

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I always wanted to see Heinlein's Glory Road made into a movie. Back when I was a 17 yr old teenager, I enjoyed the description of Star on the beach. I knew a girl who fit my image of the description. :tongue2:

11. Dec 25, 2008 #10
    but could you sit through a 647 hour long movie? Do you know what part of that series made me cry? when Roland is going crazy and eddie gives him the key he is carving to make the voices go away.

12. Dec 25, 2008 #11
    Stranger in a Strange Land could be done and I'd go see it. Unless they got Tom Cruise to star as Valentine Michael Smith.

13. Dec 25, 2008 #12

turbo

Gold Member

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress would be a good one.

14. Dec 25, 2008 #13
    I crave Arthur C Clark's "Rendezvous with Rama." There is also a screen play for this movie, and Morgan Freeman was suppose to be the main cast. But they pulled the plug.

I guess the heavy sci-fi movies don't bring alot of revenue. They'd rather make "Saw" or indulge in some batman.

15. Dec 25, 2008 #14

Vid

Brave New World

16. Dec 25, 2008 #15
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temeraire_(series)
    Naomi Novik's Termeraire series is the only thing I can think of at the moment.
    My choice is mainly due to how much I hate books being butchered to be made into movies. Novik's series is a great idea that would be visually attractive. Her prose are nothing special so nothing would really be lost in translation to the screen and the books are fairly action oriented so there wouldn't likely be a need to cut alot out due to time constraints.

According to Wiki Peter Jackson has already optioned the rights to make it into a movie.

17. Dec 25, 2008 #16

Janus

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ringworld, by Larry Niven

18. Dec 25, 2008 #17
    so you can picket it with your "The Ringworld is Unstable" signs?

19. Dec 25, 2008 #18

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'll second that.

20. Dec 25, 2008 #19

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I'd like to see Isaac Asimov's Foundation (& Empire) series made into a series of movies.

21. Dec 25, 2008 #20

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Aztec, by Jennings.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?