Movies you would like someone to make

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Movies
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
45 replies · 7K views
Huckleberry said:
I also wouldn't mind seeing any of Terry Pratchett's books made into films.

That would be a challenge and a half :biggrin:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The gunpowder plot of 1605 the thwarted attempt of a group of conspirators to blow up James 1 of England.An intriguing tale with a gory conclusion.
 
tiny-tim said:
Moby Duck. :smile:
You better copyright that before Pixar uses it. :biggrin:
 
tiny-tim said:
Moby Duck. :smile:

I'd sooner suffer a Moby Duck than a Moby Dick.
 
tiny-tim said:
Moby Duck. :smile:

Oh yes, the famous story about the duck that the original rubber bath version was based on and how she got chased around the world by a demented toy maker... :-p
 
Actually the true story of the whaling ship Essex would make a compelling and gruesome movie. The ship was attacked by an enraged bull sperm whale whose pod they were hunting. He had attacked other ships and had quite a number of harpoon scars. He was a white variant called "Mocha Dick" after the Mocha Islands. Melville got his novel from stories with their basis in fact. Many of the crew died, and those that survived did so by resorting to cannibalism. Mountain's "Nantucket Sleighride" was dedicated to a cabin boy who lost his life to feed his crew-mates.

http://www.netads.com/~meo/music/owen-coffin.html
 
phyzmatix said:
"Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card...

But they'd have to get a bloody good child actor for the lead.

Ender's Game movie has had the Hollywood "blinking yellow light" for most of this dacade. THere have been three or four screenplays written, one by OSC himself, and several directors lined up, but production never started.

I think this one needs to be animated, or at least http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotoscoping", like "A Scanner Darkly" was. There's no way they can get child actors to play the parts correctly, and it just cannot be "cute." IF they make the characters teens, then the movie is completely ruined. The opening scene must show an eight year old killing another eight year old, and how is a "real" child going to do that convincingly?

Anyway, a movie that I once tried to write a screenplay for is "https://www.amazon.com/dp/1933372362/?tag=pfamazon01-20" by Jane Gardam, This would make a great "arty" movie.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Chi Meson said:
IF they make the characters teens, then the movie is completely ruined. The opening scene must show an eight year old killing another eight year old, and how is a "real" child going to do that convincingly?

I dunno. Lord of the Flies had a group of British boyscouts crushing kids with rocks and sticking them with spears. I thought it was pretty convincing. There are some very talented child actors out there.
 
Huckleberry said:
I dunno. Lord of the Flies had a group of British boyscouts crushing kids with rocks and sticking them with spears. I thought it was pretty convincing. There are some very talented child actors out there.

True, but Bean has to look like a four-year old, yet act like an adult. That's not going to be easy.
 
Chi Meson said:
True, but Bean has to look like a four-year old, yet act like an adult. That's not going to be easy.

Yeah, that would be difficult. Any idea what the problems were with producing Ender's Game? Did they even get to the casting stage?
 
Atlas Shrugged

or even better, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1632_(novel)"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ender's Game is a good choice, Chi, and I would love to see OSC collaborate with others to get it done. Harlan Ellison seems to have a good feel for that (Babylon 5 was a pretty good series). Ellison has a reputation for being quite picky and argumentative, and he might be a good front-man for OSC to keep the Hollywood-types under control, if the two can agree on a vision for the production.
 
Chi Meson said:
I think this one needs to be animated, or at least http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotoscoping" , like "A Scanner Darkly" was.

I think your rotoscoped idea is an excellent one!
 
Last edited by a moderator: