lj19
- 87
- 0
I'm in Algebra II/Trig Honors.
How do you multiply monomials with an index in the radical?
Thank you.
How do you multiply monomials with an index in the radical?
Thank you.
lj19 said:I'm not asking for you to explain any more about multiplying monomials with an index in the radical, I understand how to do it. I just wanted to know if in your example, that the 3xto the sixth [with the index of 3] is in that form to be solved, because the index of 3 determines that you need 3 sets of xsquared's which will equal x to the sixth, also being the number in the radical. I noticed that it all corresponds, which may be what my teacher had explained.
1. I got 4, because if you take 4 and cube it you get 64.
2.I got x to the third times x to the third times x to the third which would equal x to the ninth, and the 3 in the index represents the 3 sets of x to the third, which is my final answer.
3. I got 4, because if you split 16 up four ways, then it would be 4.
Doubell said:u guys do calculus so this easy question should be a breeze can u explain to me how u write for example 5x^2 +2x-7 in the form a(x+b)^2