My nose gets all blocked up due to fever

• Thread starter siddharth
  • Start date
In summary, it is suggested to take lots of vitamin C to prevent the cold from getting worse. However, it is not a cure. It is also recommended to take overnight medication and get plenty of rest, without doing any other activities. Staying hydrated is important, especially with a fever. Some soothing music can also help during moments of delirium. If the fever lasts for more than 3 days, it is advised to see a doctor and to drink more than you eat, as this can help raise the internal temperature of the sinus cavities and fight off the cold germs.
siddharth
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Since yesterday, I have a fever, sore thorat and an awful cold. It's morning now for me and I still can't sleep because each time I try, my nose gets all blocked up.

What makes it worse is that it's cold and raining outside and some idiot is somehow burning something outside my house.

Any good ideas or recipes?

Physics news on Phys.org
Take lots of vitamin C!

Vitamin C is a preventative, not a cure. Too late now.
Take some overnight drugs and get LOTs of sleep, like 14 hours. Do nothing else. NOTHING else. Give your body a good chance to fight it off.

Make sure you stay hydrated, especially with a fever, so make sure you're drinking enough.

Some relaxing quiet music in the background can help you stay sane during delirium spells.

If it{fever} last more then 3 days go to the Doctor, drink more then you eat..and let your nose plug up! It raises the internal temp of the sinus cavities which helps defeat the nasty cold germs.

1. Why does my nose get blocked when I have a fever?

When you have a fever, your body's immune system is fighting off an infection. This can cause the blood vessels in your nose to swell, leading to congestion and a blocked nose.

2. How long will my nose stay blocked during a fever?

The duration of a blocked nose during a fever can vary, but it typically lasts for a few days to a week. Once your fever breaks and your body fights off the infection, your nose should clear up.

3. Can I do anything to prevent my nose from getting blocked during a fever?

There are a few things you can do to help prevent a blocked nose during a fever. Drinking plenty of fluids can help thin out mucus and make it easier to clear your nasal passages. You can also try using a humidifier to add moisture to the air, making it easier to breathe.

4. Is it normal for my nose to get blocked only on one side during a fever?

Yes, it is normal for a blocked nose during a fever to affect only one side. This is because the congestion is usually caused by inflammation in the sinuses on that side of your face.

5. Should I be concerned if my nose stays blocked after my fever is gone?

If your nose remains blocked after your fever has subsided, it may be a sign of a sinus infection. It is best to consult with a doctor in this case to determine the best course of treatment.