Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My nose gets all blocked up due to fever

1. Dec 12, 2005 #1

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Since yesterday, I have a fever, sore thorat and an awful cold. It's morning now for me and I still can't sleep because each time I try, my nose gets all blocked up.

What makes it worse is that it's cold and raining outside and some idiot is somehow burning something outside my house.

Any good ideas or recipes?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2005 #2
    Take lots of vitamin C!

4. Dec 12, 2005 #3

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Vitamin C is a preventative, not a cure. Too late now.
    Take some overnight drugs and get LOTs of sleep, like 14 hours. Do nothing else. NOTHING else. Give your body a good chance to fight it off.

5. Dec 12, 2005 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Make sure you stay hydrated, especially with a fever, so make sure you're drinking enough.

6. Dec 12, 2005 #5
    Some relaxing quiet music in the background can help you stay sane during delirium spells.

7. Dec 12, 2005 #6
    If it{fever} last more then 3 days go to the Doctor, drink more then you eat..and let your nose plug up! It raises the internal temp of the sinus cavities which helps defeat the nasty cold germs.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?