Names of windows application for math or physics

In summary, the conversation discusses the request for names of windows applications for math or physics, specifically for solving integrals. The suggested applications include Wolfram's Mathematica, MATLAB, Mathcad, Maxima, and a MATLAB-like open source app. The conversation also mentions a specific website for high school level integration problems and the question of which level these applications are suitable for. The conversation ends with the recommendation to try out the suggested applications and the acknowledgment that using a software is not the same as solving the problem oneself.
Penultimate
I don`t know where to post this , i hope this is the right place.
Colud you give me the names of windows application for math or physics.*i want just the names) , and a app to solve integrals.

Physics news on Phys.org

Well, I think there is a respectable number of online applications (specially physics applets, numerical integrators etc.), try to do some browsing.

When talking about products, Wolfram's Mathematica is more than a great tool for more or less everything regarding math.

Penultimate said:
I don`t know where to post this , i hope this is the right place.
Colud you give me the names of windows application for math or physics.*i want just the names) , and a app to solve integrals.

matlab, mathcad, maxima(open source), mathematica, and MATLAB alike open source app?

What about my specific request. That about integrals.?

Penultimate said:
What about my specific request. That about integrals.?

http://integrals.wolfram.com/index.jsp

what level? high school, undergrad, grad?
see above site for high school level simple integration problems..
I am sure that all those applications I listed are good for undergrad level. But, I cannot say anything about +grad level ...

And
Could you give me the names of windows application for math or physics
In my opinion, you are not specific about what you want to solve.

I would like something that works offline.

Penultimate said:
I would like something that works offline.

Well, you've already been given the names of five or six such applications so why don't you take a look at them and see which tickle your fancy.

Ok thank you all i tried maple its solves integrals.
Anyway its not the same os solving it yourself.

1. What are some popular windows applications for math and physics?

Some popular windows applications for math and physics include Microsoft Excel, MATLAB, Wolfram Mathematica, Maple, and Geogebra.

2. Are these applications suitable for both math and physics?

Yes, these applications are suitable for both math and physics as they offer a wide range of features and tools for various mathematical and physical calculations and analyses.

3. Can these applications be used for educational purposes?

Yes, many of these applications are used in educational settings for teaching and learning math and physics concepts. They can be used for creating interactive lessons, conducting experiments, and solving complex equations and problems.

4. Are these applications user-friendly?

Most of these applications have user-friendly interfaces and offer tutorials and guides to help users navigate and utilize their features effectively. However, some applications like MATLAB may require some coding knowledge to fully utilize its capabilities.

5. Are there any free alternatives to these applications?

Yes, there are some free alternatives to these applications such as Desmos, Octave, and Maxima. However, they may have limited features compared to the paid versions. It ultimately depends on the specific needs and preferences of the user.