What are principal results and sources of uncertainty in a lab report?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Norngpinky
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Hello there, it's my first semester in Physics I, so I'm not exactly sure which is which.

If someone would clarify what these are, that would be wonderful. They're for our lab report.

- Principal Results

- Sources of Uncertainty (in order of importance)



This is our first lab report and we have about 24 hours to finish them. I'm not sure how to solve for both of those.

Thank you =]
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Norngpinky said:
Hello there, it's my first semester in Physics I, so I'm not exactly sure which is which.

If someone would clarify what these are, that would be wonderful. They're for our lab report.

- Principal Results

- Sources of Uncertainty (in order of importance)



This is our first lab report and we have about 24 hours to finish them. I'm not sure how to solve for both of those.

Thank you =]

Welcome to PF.

Principal results would be the primary thing you measured and the fundamental relationships and conclusions that can be drawn.

The uncertainties (in no particular order) measurement error, observer error, timing error, instrument error, ... etc.