Need a Patio Furniture Makeover? Check Out This Easy and Affordable Solution!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dembadon
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
Dembadon
Gold Member
Messages
660
Reaction score
88
I only worked a half-day today, so I figured I'd do something outside since it was such a nice day. My wife has been wanting patio furniture with brighter colors for this summer season, so I went and picked up some outdoor paint+primer cans and did some painting! It'll be a nice surprise for when she gets home.

Here is a before-and-after of the chairs I did:

chairpainting_zpsc19839b3.jpg


I also painted the white chairs you see in the background a Navy-ish Blue. It was a quick and cheap way to give our backyard a fresh look. New, colored chairs of a similar make and model run about $18 a piece, and I was able to paint the four we have for $15.

Anyone else have any fun yard/patio projects going on for the summer?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky
Physics news on Phys.org
In my experience, plastic chairs bend a bit in everyday use. Is the paint going to stick to the plastic as it bends, I wonder?
 
lisab said:
In my experience, plastic chairs bend a bit in everyday use. Is the paint going to stick to the plastic as it bends, I wonder?
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. If it was acrylic paint, that will take several weeks to cure maximally and even then might still have trouble bonding strongly to plastic.

Dembadon said:
Anyone else have any fun yard/patio projects going on for the summer?
Ha! I have a timber deck. That's an endless "project". :cry:

Natural-looking exterior timber is for idiots and masochists, imho.
 
Evo said:
Nice job!
Thanks!
lisab said:
In my experience, plastic chairs bend a bit in everyday use. Is the paint going to stick to the plastic as it bends, I wonder?
The person working the paint counter at Lowe's directed me towards an outdoor paint he said works well on plastics, so we'll see I guess.
strangerep said:
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. If it was acrylic paint, that will take several weeks to cure maximally and even then might still have trouble bonding strongly to plastic.

Ha! I have a timber deck. That's an endless "project". :cry:

Natural-looking exterior timber is for idiots and masochists, imho.

Would love to see some pics if you got 'em. =]
 
Dembadon said:
Would love to see some pics [of deck] if you got 'em. =]
In its current state, I'm too ashamed. :cry:

Maybe when I (eventually) get around to restoring it to how it looked when I first contructed it. :blushing:
 
I have not started on my patio project yet but I would like to real soon. I was just researching online for some good ideas and this is what I found. Having a gazebo in your patio. Gazebos can be wooden,metal or plastic depending on our choice. It helps you to enjoy the outdoors even when it's raining. Professionally installed lightning in your patio would be more stable and less susceptible to damage.If your patio is not comfortable to walk on barefoot try renovating the floors so that it could give a smooth feel to your legs when you walk on it. You can just look at this article for more information(http://infinitygardens.ca/blog/amazing-patio-makeover-ideas/).