1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need an engineer's perspective on a college essay

1. Dec 31, 2012 #1
    Hello! I am new to the forums! (Love the F=MA and P=MV questions that they ask you when registering!)

I need some feedback on an essay that I am writing for the UVa supplement. Would someone be willing to help?

The prompt is- If you were given funding for a small engineering project, what would you do?

Post here and I will email or PM it to you.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 31, 2012 #2
    I am electrical and electronics engineer, and i would suggest a project used in the industry in such case there will be a lot of applications where your product will be used in.
    Maybe you can start with small products like 3 phase relay, single phase relay up to more complex like soft starters for motors.

4. Dec 31, 2012 #3
    I am sorry if I was vague in my original post. I am a senior in high school and applying to the undergraduate engineering department at University of Virginia.

I already have an idea and an essay written. I just need someone to check to see if what I have is fundamentally correct.

Sorry I can't post my essay here but I can PM or email it to anyone who is willing to help.

5. Dec 31, 2012 #4
    I'll take a look. I'm a ChemE Senior at an engineering school

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook