Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need an engineer's perspective on a college essay

1. Dec 31, 2012 #1
    Hello! I am new to the forums! (Love the F=MA and P=MV questions that they ask you when registering!)

I need some feedback on an essay that I am writing for the UVa supplement. Would someone be willing to help?

The prompt is- If you were given funding for a small engineering project, what would you do?

Post here and I will email or PM it to you.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 31, 2012 #2
    I am electrical and electronics engineer, and i would suggest a project used in the industry in such case there will be a lot of applications where your product will be used in.
    Maybe you can start with small products like 3 phase relay, single phase relay up to more complex like soft starters for motors.

4. Dec 31, 2012 #3
    I am sorry if I was vague in my original post. I am a senior in high school and applying to the undergraduate engineering department at University of Virginia.

I already have an idea and an essay written. I just need someone to check to see if what I have is fundamentally correct.

Sorry I can't post my essay here but I can PM or email it to anyone who is willing to help.

5. Dec 31, 2012 #4
    I'll take a look. I'm a ChemE Senior at an engineering school

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook