Need an in-depth book on pig anatomy and physiology

  • Topic: Other 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Chris Riccard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book Physiology
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Chris Riccard
Messages
39
Reaction score
12
By Summer I hope to dissect a fetal pig I'm ordering from the north Carolina biological supply company, I'm looking for a few books, one in depth on pig biology and a Atlas of the pig including the brain. Another book I'm looking for is a microscope usage and selection guide including oil imersion microscopes, I know regular microscopes go up to 5000 power but the ones I'm looking at for rent by the new York microscope company only go up to 1000 . I don't know yet if this will matter yet as I plan on doing some tissue staining. Tia
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Google 'pig biology and atlas of the pig'

A Dissection Guide and Atlas to the Fetal Pig. 3rd Edition. By David G. Smith & Michael P. Schenk.
ISBN-13: 978-0895828798 ISBN-10: 0895828790 is 3rd edition. Expensive.
ISBN 9780895826268 is earlier 2nd edition, 2003, New from Amazon.ca for about $20.00

Find new and 2nd hand with bookfinder.com, then buy through the PF link to Amazon.

From the same search... see also;
Biology of the Domestic Pig.
Edited by Wilson G. Pond, Harry J. Mersmann. Comstock Publishing Associates.
New from Amazon.com for about $6.00+shipping. Use bookfinder.com to find it.
 
Last edited: