Need funny physics foods!

• Thread starter quasar_4
  • Start date
Hi all,

my department's having a cookoff and I am wondering if anyone has any cute names for a dish that are really physics-related. So far we have Tesla coiled marshmallows and thomson cookies... any ideas out there? It can be any type of dish, I just need a humorous physics name to match.

Answers and Replies

f95toli
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Josephson sandwiches?
But make sure it is only a tri-layer structure, otherwise it gets complicated :wink:

matthyaouw
Gold Member
If you could make one of these sandwiches, I'd be impressed:
http://dresdencodak.com/cartoons/guest_tyrus.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
haha, I am loving it. I also am considering bosonic brownies, quarkies (cookies) and n-body salad. Hehe, if only this is how homework usually was...

The capacitor sandwich
Gaussian gumbo
Quantum couscous

QuantumPion
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Atomic plum pudding (now with 20% more neutrons!)

Calabi-Yau Pretzels

Newton Apples

Kepler Onion Rings

Tokamak Donuts (with hot cream filling of course, mmmmm)

If you forgot to bring a dish, just tell your coworkers you made a Bose-Einstein Condensate but it destructively interfered with itself :(

Lamb shift-kabobs
Planck steak
scattered Raman noodles
Fig Newtons
and for after the eats, a physic with a strange flavor to settle your GUT.

wolram
Gold Member
Brownian motion sarnie.

Brane soup.

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Fig Newtons
Make sure they are Sig Fig Newtons!

And "Neutrinos" always sounded like a tiny after-dinner mint to me. (Or a breakfast cereal). They would be small, but you would need a hell of a lot of them. I mean barrels full of them.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Brane soup.
make sure it's thick as p-brane soup

wolram
Gold Member
Carnot cake.

Hubble and squeak.

No bees Lisagna

Last edited:
wolram
Gold Member
Spaghettified loops in tomato sauce.

an easy one for the lazy party-goer: string theory cheese.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
These ideas are hilarious! :biggrin: What a fun idea for a party/gathering!

Carnot cake.
That reminds me of way back when I was a kid, just learning to read. We had the school lunch menu posted in the kitchen, so we'd know which days to pack a lunch and which days we wanted to buy lunch. My mom never seemed very inclined to answer me when I would ask what the "car rots" were on the menu. :biggrin: I think my mom must have believe in experiential learning or some such, that I had to figure it out on my own by eventually realizing that it was carrots that were served everytime that word appeared on the menu. :uhh: Maybe she didn't think I was seriously asking, since I really disliked cooked carrots as a kid, so calling them car rots might have been perfectly expected of me. :biggrin:

These ideas are hilarious! :biggrin: What a fun idea for a party/gathering!

That reminds me of way back when I was a kid, just learning to read. We had the school lunch menu posted in the kitchen, so we'd know which days to pack a lunch and which days we wanted to buy lunch. My mom never seemed very inclined to answer me when I would ask what the "car rots" were on the menu. :biggrin: I think my mom must have believe in experiential learning or some such, that I had to figure it out on my own by eventually realizing that it was carrots that were served everytime that word appeared on the menu. :uhh: Maybe she didn't think I was seriously asking, since I really disliked cooked carrots as a kid, so calling them car rots might have been perfectly expected of me. :biggrin:
Pfft, you think cooked carrots were bad? Try tater tot casserole with tuna in it!

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pfft, you think cooked carrots were bad? Try tater tot casserole with tuna in it!
:yuck: Eeew! The other kids thought I was weird enough for not liking tater tots. I can't imagine using them to make a casserole with tuna!

wolram
Gold Member
Hawking in the hole pudding.

Lasts for ages

:yuck: Eeew! The other kids thought I was weird enough for not liking tater tots. I can't imagine using them to make a casserole with tuna!
I hate tater tots, always did. I love potatoes normally, but for some reason (likely cheap oil and other ingredients) tater tots have always seemed just gross to me. But yeah, it was some nasty stuff.

robphy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Maxwell House coffee

Brian Greene beans

Ham[ilton] and Cheese sandwich

"Bohr's Head" Roast Beef

Don't forget to serve everything on Caven dishes.

Joule Thompson cheese puffs.

wolram
Gold Member
Baezed steak

Entropy popcorn