1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help in recognizing Power Pole types and its components.?

1. Jan 23, 2009 #1
    Hi there,
    I've been given this task to recognize the different types of power poles and their electrical equipments. The images are in the following link. I have encircled the equipments and components that are needed to be NAMED.

http://www.geocities.com/flabberguest_gabcraft/powerpoles.JPG

Please help me name these components and the types of poles.
    I would be highly grateful...I'm really confused!:confused:
    Thnx in advance.

P.S.
    I KNOW THAT MOST OF THE COMPONENTS ARE ISOLATORS BUT I HAVE A LOT OF CONFUSION IN THE FOLLOWING::confused:

red and green circles of C
    green and pink circles of F
    red circle of E
    pink, green, yellow circles of G

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2009 #2
    Photo E I suspect has little to do with power poles at all. It's been many years since I've seen this. Of course I have no idea how old the photo is either. Looks like overhead telephone lines to me.

4. Jan 23, 2009 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Thread moved to Homework Help forums.

Welcome to the PF, flabber. You must do the bulk of the work on your coursework questions. We do not give out answers to homework and coursework questions.

What are your thoughts? What resources do you have to figure out the component types? What class is this for?

5. Jan 24, 2009 #4

PhanthomJay

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

flabber, you are correct that most are insulators (not normally called isolators); others are various electrical components. As berkeman has noted, we need your thoughts. Why are you being asked this?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?