Need help with Zoom client on my tablet with Android version 6.0

In summary: Summary:: in summary, using Zoom on an Android 6.0 device can be challenging due to compatibility issues with the latest version of the app and potential connection problems. It is recommended to download the app from Google Play or APK Mirror for the best compatibility. Additionally, if experiencing disconnection issues, it may be helpful to reduce the video resolution or data rate, although Zoom does not have a specific option for this.
  • #1
anyonebutangel
40
5
TL;DR Summary
can we use zoom on Android 6.0 .tried a lot but it asks for update and latest version isn't compatible.
to use zoom client meeting app on my tablet with Android version 6.0 although older version is installed but every time I try joining a meeting it asks for update and the latest version isn't compatible .also the browser isn't doing any good.
 
Computer science news on Phys.org
  • #2
My father uses Zoom on Android 6.0.1, and it works fine. If you download from Google Play, then you will get the appropriate latest version of the app that will be compatible on your device.

The latest version of Zoom APK available on apk mirror is for Android 5.0+. You may download that as well:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/zoom-us/zoom-cloud-meetings/zoom-cloud-meetings-5-2-45093-0831-release/
 
  • #3
Wrichik Basu said:
My father uses Zoom on Android 6.0.1, and it works fine. If you download from Google Play, then you will get the appropriate latest version of the app that will be compatible on your device.

The latest version of Zoom APK available on apk mirror is for Android 5.0+. You may download that as well:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/zoom-us/zoom-cloud-meetings/zoom-cloud-meetings-5-2-45093-0831-release/
Thanks .that was great help
 
  • #4
anyonebutangel said:
Summary:: can we use zoom on Android 6.0 .tried a lot but it asks for update and latest version isn't compatible.

to use zoom client meeting app on my tablet with Android version 6.0 although older version is installed but every time I try joining a meeting it asks for update and the latest version isn't compatible .also the browser isn't doing any good.
Is there a way to establish a stable connection bcoz i keep getting disconnected during the meeting and interest otherwise works fine.
 
  • #5
anyonebutangel said:
Is there a way to establish a stable connection bcoz i keep getting disconnected during the meeting and interest otherwise works fine.
Many people who have stable internet connection normally are facing problem in connecting with Zoom and Google Meet. You can contact your ISP regarding this, but I am afraid that's all you can do about this.
 
  • #6
anyonebutangel said:
Is there a way to establish a stable connection bcoz i keep getting disconnected during the meeting and interest otherwise works fine.
If it is an older laptop the problem may be that zoom is overloading it. See if there are options for reducing the video resolution/data rate.
 
  • #7
anyonebutangel said:
Summary:: can we use zoom on Android 6.0 .tried a lot but it asks for update and latest version isn't compatible.

to use zoom client meeting app on my tablet with Android version 6.0 although older version is installed but every time I try joining a meeting it asks for update and the latest version isn't compatible .also the browser isn't doing any good.
Is there a way to establish a stable connection bcoz i keep getting disconnected during the meeting and interest otherwise works fine.
russ_watters said:
If it is an older laptop the problem may be that zoom is overloading it. See if there are options for reducing the video resolution/data rate.
how can i do that?
 
  • #8
russ_watters said:
If it is an older laptop the problem may be that zoom is overloading it. See if there are options for reducing the video resolution/data rate.
anyonebutangel said:
how can i do that?
Zoom doesn't have an option to set a video resolution (but Google Meet has this feature). When Zoom detects a slow connection, it automatically lowers the video resolution. I have seen this in action.

If you have a good speed but limited data, then you are in trouble because Zoom doesn't care about how much data you have, it just checks the current download speed and adjusts the quality according to that.
 
  • Like
Likes russ_watters
  • #9
Wrichik Basu said:
Zoom doesn't have an option to set a video resolution (but Google Meet has this feature). When Zoom detects a slow connection, it automatically lowers the video resolution. I have seen this in action.

If you have a good speed but limited data, then you are in trouble because Zoom doesn't care about how much data you have, it just checks the current download speed and adjusts the quality according to that.
thanks for help
 

1. How do I download the Zoom client on my tablet with Android version 6.0?

To download the Zoom client on your tablet, go to the Google Play Store and search for "Zoom Cloud Meetings". Once you find the app, click on "Install" and the app will begin downloading onto your tablet.

2. Is the Zoom client compatible with Android version 6.0?

Yes, the Zoom client is compatible with Android version 6.0. However, it is recommended to have at least Android version 5.0 for optimal performance.

3. How do I join a meeting on the Zoom client on my tablet?

To join a meeting on the Zoom client, open the app and click on "Join a Meeting". Enter the meeting ID and your name, then click "Join Meeting". You will then be connected to the meeting.

4. Can I use the Zoom client on my tablet without a WiFi connection?

No, a WiFi or mobile data connection is required to use the Zoom client on your tablet. Without a connection, you will not be able to join or host meetings.

5. How do I schedule a meeting on the Zoom client on my tablet?

To schedule a meeting on the Zoom client, open the app and click on "Schedule". Enter the meeting details such as the date, time, and title, then click "Save". You can then share the meeting invitation with others.

Similar threads

  • Computing and Technology
Replies
7
Views
1K
  • Programming and Computer Science
Replies
3
Views
643
  • Computing and Technology
Replies
12
Views
2K
  • Computing and Technology
Replies
32
Views
3K
  • Computing and Technology
Replies
12
Views
2K
  • Computing and Technology
Replies
18
Views
1K
Replies
12
Views
4K
  • Computing and Technology
Replies
1
Views
2K
  • Computing and Technology
Replies
9
Views
6K
  • STEM Academic Advising
Replies
3
Views
766
Back
Top