Need some reference books on machine design

In summary, machine design is the process of creating or improving machines by considering various factors and applying engineering principles, material science, and mathematics. Reference books on machine design are valuable resources for enhancing knowledge and skills in this field, and some popular options include "Machine Design" by Robert L. Norton, "Mechanical Engineering Design" by Joseph E. Shigley and Charles R. Mischke, and "Fundamentals of Machine Component Design" by Robert C. Juvinall and Kurt M. Marshek. There are also many online resources available for machine design, including e-books, websites, and online courses, and to use reference books effectively, it is important to have a clear understanding of concepts, a specific goal in mind, and
shamim72
Dear all,

I am following Shigley's Mechanical engineering design as a textbook for my course of machine design.But i would be very thankful if anyone gives me some references books of machine design in pdf format containing more and more problems.It will be helpful also if you can provide any class lecture or slides of other universities so i can learn more.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

1. What is machine design?

Machine design is the process of creating new or improving existing machines by considering various factors such as functionality, reliability, safety, and cost. It involves the application of engineering principles, material science, and mathematics to design machines that can perform a specific task efficiently.

2. Why do I need reference books on machine design?

Reference books on machine design provide a comprehensive understanding of the principles, theories, and techniques used in designing machines. They serve as a valuable resource for engineers and scientists to enhance their knowledge and skills in this field.

3. Which are the best reference books on machine design?

The best reference books on machine design may vary depending on the specific topic or area of interest. Some popular options include "Machine Design" by Robert L. Norton, "Mechanical Engineering Design" by Joseph E. Shigley and Charles R. Mischke, and "Fundamentals of Machine Component Design" by Robert C. Juvinall and Kurt M. Marshek.

4. Are there any online resources for machine design?

Yes, there are many online resources available for machine design, including e-books, websites, and online courses. Some popular websites for machine design include Engineering.com, MachineDesign.com, and DesignNews.com. Online courses such as Coursera and edX also offer courses on machine design.

5. How can I use reference books on machine design effectively?

To make the most out of reference books on machine design, it is essential to have a clear understanding of the concepts and theories discussed. It is also helpful to have a specific goal or problem in mind while using the reference book. Additionally, taking notes, practicing problems, and referring to multiple sources can also aid in effective use of reference books.