1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying Need someone to tell me the topics to practise to study trigonometry

1. Aug 24, 2016 #1
    I across a video about how to be good enough at anything within 20 hours.
    It said that first to get rid of all barriers and the identify
    The small skills which are used in the thing you're trying to "become good enough at ",in this case in solving trigonometry questions, and grind them relentlessly until each skill is mastered which will enable me to understand and correct my own mistakes and then learn the thing as whole.
    So I'm trying to apply this in my study and I've so far gotten a general idea what I need to know
    •ratios
    •basic geometry
    •properties of triangles
    •solving equations
    •basic application of identities and stuff
    I know I have missed something vital could somebody please help with this list.
    https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&...=AFQjCNFjHJbCWnsYUI0zEP2a_TCWjYMBBQ

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 24, 2016 #2
    *came across

4. Aug 24, 2016 #3

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

You want us to watch a 20 minute video to answer your question? Seriously? Good luck with that.

5. Aug 24, 2016 #4
    Nah i just posted that just in case somebody was interested you don't need to see the video because I gave a brief summary of what it's about

6. Aug 24, 2016 #5
    Well, I am sure that the most important topics in trig (if you want to study calc thereafter) are the basic identities (yes, you probably won't need to use sum to product formulas) and knowing the sin, cos, and tan and their reciprocals of unit circle angles. Also know a bit of inverse trig. Knowing triangle trig is helpful for trig substitution in anti-differentiation, but maybe that can be learned fairly quickly.

Identities will take some practice to get used to, but you'll get a good workout on these in calculus. You probably could learn this stuff in your time period, but I'm not sure how strong you will be in the material (anyways, this will get better over time if you use it).

Also, take this with a grain of salt, there are other far more sophisticated and educated members on the forum. And good luck!

7. Aug 24, 2016 #6
    Thanks for your advice

8. Aug 25, 2016 #7
    You're welcome!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted