Need something solving PROBLEM AHOY

• Thread starter SolStis
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person needing help with rearranging a mathematical equation involving exponents. They are looking for a solution for Z and mention specific values for L and w, but also want a general solution that can be applied to any values. It is mentioned that there is no closed form solution for Z and that the problem is easier if L and w are equal. A link is provided for further information on the topic.
SolStis
Need something solving! PROBLEM AHOY!

Hi there,

Im in dire need of a problem solving because i really cba to do it at this time of nite and need sorting by 2moz morning... putting my faith in PF here... I don't think its too diff I just havnt done any algebra for a while and need some assistance.

Need this rearranging for Z:

1=-((e^ZL)+(e^Zw))

Any help much appreciated!

Regards

Sol

Mathematics news on Phys.org

If L and w are arbitrary (assuming multiplying Z in the exponents) there is no closed form solution for Z.

ok mate, well is there any way i can find it if L and W arnt arbitrary?

In real numbers, the problem is immediate: no linear combination of powers of e will ever equal -1.

In complex numbers, L = W would make things a lot simpler, but that's trivial...

Ok, well in this instance i need it solving for w = 24 and L = 3500, but i would like a general solution so i can apply any values for L and w

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the first step I should take when trying to solve a problem?

The first step in solving a problem is to clearly define the problem and identify its root cause. This will help you understand the scope of the problem and guide your approach to finding a solution.

How can I come up with potential solutions for a problem?

Brainstorming is a great way to generate potential solutions. This involves coming up with as many ideas as possible, without judging or evaluating them. Later, you can narrow down the list and choose the most feasible solutions to pursue.

What should I consider when evaluating potential solutions?

When evaluating potential solutions, consider their effectiveness, practicality, and feasibility. It's also important to think about potential drawbacks and any resources or support that may be needed to implement the solution.

How can I ensure the chosen solution will be successful?

To increase the chances of success, you can use the SMART criteria to set specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound goals for your solution. This will help you stay focused and track progress towards solving the problem.

What should I do if the chosen solution does not work?

If the chosen solution does not work, don't get discouraged. Use this as an opportunity to learn and adjust your approach. You can also seek feedback from others and try a different solution if needed.