New free PF App for Android phones or iPhone/iPad devices

• Thread starter epenguin
  • Start date
In summary, there is a new free PF App available for Android phones and iPhone/iPad devices. It is different from the TapaTalk app that was previously mentioned and is exclusively for PF. It has some added features and is optimized for mobile browsing. However, it does not currently support math and some features may be missing compared to the network app. Despite this, it is a step towards embracing the future and staying relevant in the ever-changing web world.
epenguin
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Notices
Try the new free PF App for Android phones or iPhone/iPad! devices. Please kindly rate and review them. Kindle app will be out later this week!

This seems different from existing thread which concerns only I-phones. I have an I-pad, not I-phone.

Question: is this app something different from the one you plugged earlier which was not free? That one cost all of $2 and as times are hard I held out for quite some time before getting it. It was part of something called 'Tapatalk' which seemed to service a large number of other forums for hobbies and stuff.

It was natty to have an icon on screen instead of scrolling or searching for PF. Other than that I can't say I saw any point or advantage in it. Like most journal access, via an app seems to give you, if anything, less than going via Safari or other accesses. Mostly I finished on a screen no different from usual access, there was an alternative that was no great improvement, e.g. formulae unreadable till you went into the 'web version'.

Maybe I missed the point of it?

Maybe there are different advantages for I-phone than I-pad users?

Physics news on Phys.org
epenguin said:
Question: is this app something different from the one you plugged earlier which was not free? That one cost all of $2 and as times are hard I held out for quite some time before getting it. It was part of something called 'Tapatalk' which seemed to service a large number of other forums for hobbies and stuff.

It is basically an unbranded and exclusive version of TapaTalk with a few minor added features. If you like using the old version that is connected to their entire network, by all means stay with it, it will continue to work.

epenguin said:
Mostly I finished on a screen no different from usual access, there was an alternative that was no great improvement, e.g. formulae unreadable till you went into the 'web version'.

Maybe I missed the point of it?

The PF App is a bit more convenient than the network app, because it is exclusively for PF. In the future there will be more exclusive features than the network App. The PF App is also free! Tapatalk network is not. Yes math doesn't work yet, but I'm hoping it will be added later on. The PF App is optimized for mobile browsing. The PF mobile skin is missing many feaures and is looking outdated. The PF web skin is not at all optimized for mobile browsing and lot of screen resizing and moving must be done to use.

The web world is changing very quickly. Already PF has shifted 15-20% of it's visitors to mobile devices. That is flippin huge! We needed to respond and give an adequate option for mobile browsing. Apps are also the future. It's not enough to have a "good enough" mobile skin. We needed to get a foothold in the App world and now we are. PF will embrace the future, is looking towards the future, and won't be left behind by the future! :smile:

1. What is the purpose of the new free PF App for Android or iPhone/iPad?

The purpose of the new free PF App is to provide a convenient and user-friendly way for people to track their physical fitness progress and goals. It offers a variety of features such as workout tracking, nutrition tracking, goal setting, and progress monitoring.

2. Is the new free PF App compatible with all Android and iPhone/iPad devices?

Yes, the new free PF App is compatible with most Android phones and iPhone/iPad devices. However, it may not be compatible with older models or devices with outdated operating systems. It is recommended to check the app's compatibility before downloading.

3. Can I sync my data from the new free PF App with other fitness tracking devices or apps?

At this time, the new free PF App does not offer syncing capabilities with other fitness tracking devices or apps. However, our team is continuously working to improve and add new features to the app, so this may be a possibility in the future.

4. Is the new free PF App safe and secure to use?

Yes, the new free PF App is safe and secure to use. We take the privacy and security of our users' data very seriously and have implemented measures to protect it. However, as with any app, it is always recommended to use caution and be mindful of what information you share.

5. Can I access the new free PF App without an internet connection?

Yes, the new free PF App can be accessed without an internet connection. However, some features, such as syncing data or accessing online resources, may require an internet connection. It is recommended to have an internet connection for the best user experience.