Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New Homo Sapiens timeline findings

1. Jun 7, 2017 #1

1oldman2

Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2017 #2

fresh_42

Staff: Mentor

4. Jun 7, 2017 #3

Evo

Amazing how we keep finding out more and more about our history, it's like the never ending story. :approve:

5. Jun 7, 2017 #4

1oldman2

Gold Member

Agreed, I always thought as an analogy, "If genetics were a deck of cards there would be a lot of extra jokers in the deck"

6. Jun 7, 2017 #5

1oldman2

Gold Member

I'm particularly pleased with the new technologies being developed in these fields, at this rate it really is a never ending story. :cool:

7. Jun 7, 2017 #6

fresh_42

I find especially interesting the investigations of mitochondrial DNA to reconstruct our migrations. Let alone these are far from being known. IIRC even the settlement of the Americas isn't finally known. Somehow funny that we know more about how we managed to reach Polynesia, which by the way is an enormous achievement, than we actually know how many migrations waves and whether along both coasts or only along the pacific coast took place to reach Fireland.

8. Jun 8, 2017 #7

1oldman2

Gold Member

Although this one has been a little controversial, it still boggles my imagination. A major rewrite if its proven correct.
    https://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v544/n7651/full/nature22065.html

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted