New machine removes cancer from water

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
13 replies · 3K views
dav2008
Gold Member
Messages
589
Reaction score
1
Here's a nice little crackpot ad from a magazine. I removed all of the contact information so it doesn't break the advertising rules on here. This is just for humor value.

http://home.comcast.net/~iberiaforums/pfadvert.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
haha WOW! That's funny and disturbing at the same time :)

What magazine was this from?? Wonder if people would take that seriously?
 
It's a bloody good thing that I only drink beer. :approve:

Oh wait... that's made out of water! I'm doomed! :cry:
 
Soilwork said:
haha WOW! That's funny and disturbing at the same time :)

What magazine was this from?? Wonder if people would take that seriously?
Popular Mechanics but I think someone said they also saw it in Popular Science.
 
That's pathetic. But what's more pathetic is that there are people out there that will believe it.
 
dav2008 said:
Popular Mechanics but I think someone said they also saw it in Popular Science.

...which is a good example of why I quit reading both many years ago.
 
I have been drinking nothing but water for the past 4 years (maybe 2 non-water drinks a year), I better get to a hospital quick!
 
I wish I thought of that!

Dammit. I could be making millions. :rolleyes:
 
Evo said:
That's pathetic. But what's more pathetic is that there are people out there that will believe it.

Which is why the perpetrators of this fraud deserve 15-20 years.
 
Rach3 said:
Which is why the perpetrators of this fraud deserve 15-20 years.
That poses a really good question, why is this type of obvious fraud legal?
 
Evo said:
That poses a really good question, why is this type of obvious fraud legal?

I am thinking the same thing. There seems to be a snake oil remedy for just about every malady known to man. I have even been getting some of the ads in my snail mail.
 
dav2008 said:
Popular Mechanics but I think someone said they also saw it in Popular Science.

Art thou an officer?
Or art thou base, common and popular?
Henry V, 4. 1

I think anything with popular in the title is probably going to be base by default. Not wanting to sound snobbish myself but science is somewhat elitist. It's a fairly narrow group which is why many people would fall for that nonsense.
 
This IS serious, I'm going to demand an MSDS for Dihydrogen Monoxide from my Safety Officer! :biggrin: