New pedagogical book on supersymmetry

In summary, Patrick wrote an introductory book on supersymmetry titled "Supersymmetry Demystified" which is detailed and pedagogical. It assumes only basic knowledge in quantum field theory and is the book that he wished he had when learning SUSY. The book's table of contents can be viewed by clicking on "Read More" in the blog entry. A reader named Patrick expressed their gratitude for the book, stating that it is the best textbook on the subject for beginners and that they plan to use it to learn QFT before moving on to other textbooks on supersymmetry and string theory.
nrqed
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I hope it's ok to post this here.

I have written an introductory book on supersymmetry, which assumes only some basic knowledge in quantum field theory. I made it as detailed and pedagogical as possible. Basically I wrote the book that I wish had been available when I first learned SUSY. The title is Supersymmetry Demystified.

You can view a detailed Table of contents (giving all the sections) at

Just click on "Read More" in the blog entry.

Patrick

Likes Phys_Reason
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi , Thank you for writing this amazing textbook on Supersymmetry . This is the best textbook on this subject for a beginner like me .I think I may even learn QFT by first working through this book and then reading some textbook on QFT (e.g weinberg) and I think it will make other textbooks on supersymmetry and String theory much easier.I really like this book

1. What is supersymmetry and why is it important?

Supersymmetry is a theoretical framework in particle physics that suggests every known particle has a "superpartner" with different spin. It is important because it can provide a solution to some of the current issues in the Standard Model of particle physics, such as the hierarchy problem and dark matter.

2. Who is the target audience for this pedagogical book on supersymmetry?

The target audience for this book is typically advanced undergraduate or graduate students and researchers in the field of particle physics.

3. What makes this pedagogical book on supersymmetry different from others?

This book is unique in its approach to explaining supersymmetry, as it focuses on providing a clear and intuitive understanding of the subject rather than just presenting mathematical equations. It also includes real-world examples and applications to help readers grasp the concepts better.

4. Do I need a background in physics to understand this book?

While a basic understanding of physics and mathematics is helpful, this book is designed to be accessible to readers from various backgrounds. It includes a thorough introduction to the necessary concepts and assumes no prior knowledge of supersymmetry.

5. Are there any practical applications of supersymmetry?

While there is currently no experimental evidence for supersymmetry, it has several potential applications in areas such as cosmology, particle physics, and quantum field theory. It could also lead to a better understanding of the fundamental laws of nature.