New RAM bar into my free slot for gaming

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Medicol
Messages
226
Reaction score
55
I am excited to tell you that I will get new RAM bar for my PC.
Oh I like this site, http://www.crucial.com/
it can read all hardware thingies on my computer, I now know I have
  • Maximum memory: 16384MB
  • Slots:2 (2 banks of 1)
  • *Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.
  • 4GB Empty

that means I still have one free slot to insert a memory bar into. It also suggests me one that is compatible
8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 Unbuffered NON-ECC 1.5V 1024Meg x 64

Yet, could anyone explain what PC3-12800, Unbuffered, 1.5V, 1024Megx64 are supposed to mean ?
My local computer store is selling this
Ram PC DDR3 Kingmax 8GB bus 1600 -PC12800
but I am wondering this also matches with my current free slot and motherboard model.
So far so good, yeah yeah. Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Cool! RAM is the cheapest way to get better performance. What are you playing?
Crazy Arcade
 
I urge you to consult your motherboard manual as some boards are very finicky and specific about what sorts will work and in what combinations. If you don't have a motherboard manual, download one from the manufacturer's website.