New species of monkey discovered with creepy face

• Thread starter Kutt
  • Start date

Answers and Replies

Looks like my long lost uncle.

"And adult males have a huge bare patch of skin in the buttocks, testicles and perianal area"

I think the authors spared the monkey some embarrassment by only showing his face.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
"And adult males have a huge bare patch of skin in the buttocks, testicles and perianal area"

I think the authors spared the monkey some embarrassment by only showing his face.
So if that's called 'manscaping' when men do it, is it 'monkeyscaping' for these guys?

I think that face is adorable.

It has human-like facial features, which is creepy.

chiro
Science Advisor
You know if it wasn't real, I swear it would be a leaked screenshot of a new Pixar movie.

It has human-like facial features, which is creepy.
The title of your thread, initially, gave me the thought of an ugly faced mammal. However the second I saw the pictures two thoughts ran into my mind: these new species of monkeys are not ugly, and they have facial expressions that is synonymous with humans.

Now I see your point.

The title of your thread, initially, gave me the thought of an ugly faced mammal. However the second I saw the pictures two thoughts ran into my mind: these new species of monkeys are not ugly, and they have facial expressions that is synonymous with humans.

Now I see your point.
They are kind of cute.