Nintendo Revolution Controller

In summary, the remote control sword play game is interesting, but Nintendo is likely to go under soon because of their competitors.
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143782

This is quite a departure from the standard controller. Instead of pressing a button to swing a sword, you actually swing the controller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Here is the video:

http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/651/651334/vids_1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
the remote control. nice implementation for the sword play game.

doesn't matter anyway, nintendo is going to go under after the next round of systems comes out.

gravenewworld said:
doesn't matter anyway, nintendo is going to go under after the next round of systems comes out.

I hope not. they are very kid friendly.

oh well.. If they do, I am sure they will just port their titles and sell them like sega is doing.

i doubt theyll go under anytime soon...they really base their stuff on innovation of thought and gameplay, rather than just stringing 10processors together and shouting "Cell r0x0rs!"

DS shouldve been displaced by PSP now...but it hasnt, because of those nintendog things.

Could this technology be implemented into a mouse design? That idea of moving in space is actually something I was recently thinking would be the ideal ergonomic mouse. I was looking for something portable for my laptop (that doesn't require a table top) and wasn't happy with the hand-held versions I found that all seem to require using your thumb to operate a trackball, which seems awkward to me. I would love something I could just wave around, even strap to the back of my hand so I don't have to put it down to type, for a mouse, and this sounds like it just might have that sort of technology incorporated into it if it can be adapted to computers instead of just games.

Moonbear said:
Could this technology be implemented into a mouse design? That idea of moving in space is actually something I was recently thinking would be the ideal ergonomic mouse. I was looking for something portable for my laptop (that doesn't require a table top) and wasn't happy with the hand-held versions I found that all seem to require using your thumb to operate a trackball, which seems awkward to me. I would love something I could just wave around, even strap to the back of my hand so I don't have to put it down to type, for a mouse, and this sounds like it just might have that sort of technology incorporated into it if it can be adapted to computers instead of just games.

Something to think about : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/2335069.stm

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/10/18/student_develops_mouse_glove/

gravenewworld said:

Do you still think that? I think most people would now say that sony is the company that is going to flop this time around.

1. How does the Nintendo Revolution Controller work?

The Nintendo Revolution Controller, also known as the Wii Remote, uses motion-sensing technology to track the movements and gestures of the player's hand. It also has buttons and a directional pad for traditional gaming controls.

2. Can I use the Nintendo Revolution Controller with older games?

Yes, the Nintendo Revolution Controller is backwards compatible with GameCube games. However, some games may require a GameCube controller or a combination of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.

3. What are the advantages of the Nintendo Revolution Controller?

The Nintendo Revolution Controller offers a more intuitive and immersive gaming experience, allowing players to physically interact with the game. It also has a built-in speaker and rumble feature for added feedback.

4. Are there any limitations to the Nintendo Revolution Controller?

The main limitation of the Nintendo Revolution Controller is that it may not be suitable for all types of games. Some games may require more precise controls or may not be compatible with motion-sensing technology.

5. Can the Nintendo Revolution Controller be used by multiple players?

Yes, the Nintendo Revolution Controller can support up to four players simultaneously. Multiple Wii Remotes can be connected to the console for multiplayer gaming.