Non-mathematical books on atomic structure and chemical bonding for high school

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
SovereignX
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi all!

I would like to ask your help!
I am a rookie in the subject. I have to admit i don't exactly interested in the mathematical way. I really don't have the "basic" advanced math which would needed it. :)
Look at me if i would be a high school physics and chemistry teacher whose imaginary students don't have to solve wave functions or understand Schrödinger's equation. :)
So if you would be so kind and could suggest me books - by in the light of the mentioned form - about atomic structure, chemical bonding (why they are forming) importance of quantum numbers, spins etc. I know a part of it is quantum physics, part of it chemistry or physical-chemistry.

Thank you in advance!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm a rookie too, but i think you need something related to "Solid State Chemistry", I recommend you a way to get one for free at edx.org, search for "Solid State Chemistry" course at MIT, and if you enroll (free) you can download a huge elementary book by Averil.

Karmo