Nonfiction books about bionics/cyborgs/similar?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Emily R.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Books
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Emily R.
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
I'm honestly not sure what section to put this question under, but I'm going to be a senior in high school next year and I'm in the IB program at my school and currently working on my Extended Essay. It's basically a research paper of sorts. I'm doing mine essentially on the different technologies used in the human body with things such as prosthetics, synthetic eyes, etc. I'm also looking at the question of at what point people with these technologies would be considered cyborgs, and how that would affect our definition of humanity. It's sort of broad and I'll get it narrowed down the further along I go. But my question is, does anyone know of any nonfiction books on that topic or similar that I could use for my research?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
jedishrfu said:
I found this article on BBC:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140924-the-greatest-myths-about-cyborgs

and this one from CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/07/politics/pentagon-developing-brain-implants-cyborgs/

and this one from Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyborg

and this book from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0415908493/?tag=pfamazon01-20

and this video from youtube:



Just try typing in cyborg research into Google and read up on what you find.


Thank you those were all very helpful links!
 
Last edited by a moderator: