Noob topic, midterm this Tuesday.

In summary, the student is taking a Mechanics class and is worried about having enough material to remember for the midterm. The teacher has told the student that they will be allowed to use a cheat sheet strictly for equations, with no words or examples. The student is also worried about how they will do on the midterm. The student asks for advice on how to prepare for the midterm and if it is a calc-based physics class.
dvandewille
This Tuesday, I am going to walk into my class and take the first test this semester, which also happens to be my midterm.

I'm taking Physics 204 - Mechanics and it's pretty much kicking my butt ha ha.

The teacher has told us that a "cheat sheet" will be allowed STRICTLY for equations ONLY. No words, nothing but ax or vx or stuff like that. No examples, just equations.

There's no length to this sheet, we can take a dictionary of equations if we want.

What would some of you put on it? So far I can only think of the 4 Kinematic Equations.

If you all think of anything else, let me know. I'd love some feedback! Thanks for reading!

- D

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't see how we can help you here. Firstly we don't know what your syllabus covers, though we do know more or less what is expected of a student in an into mechanics course. For exameple, for my intro mechanics class, certain topics such as gyroscope precession were omitted. Furthermore, this is a mid term test so it's even less evident to us which topics would be examined since you haven't finished the syllabus yet.

The best way to decide which equations are important to memorise and which to copy is to look through your notes and see which ones are key to understanding the basic concepts of mechanics. Other than that, I can't give you any more advice.

It's pretty much going to be real basic problem solving questions.

I was just wondering if there was someone who happened to be in the same dilemma as me and could relate to what I was asking.

I know it's pretty hard to know what I've covered because you're not really in my course, but I'm just scarred that I was missing something else.

Make sure you can do the problems on the homework by understanding them, not blindly applying equations. OK, that may be a bit late for this test (I've certainly done that for my organic chemistry tests - amazingly I passed!). But you can at least use the homework to gauge what equations to put on your cheat sheet.

is this calc based physics?

1. What is a "noob" topic?

A "noob" topic refers to a subject or concept that is considered basic or beginner-level. It is a term often used in online gaming communities to describe someone who is new to the game and lacks experience.

2. Why is this "noob" topic important for the midterm?

This "noob" topic may be important for the midterm because it may serve as a foundation for more advanced topics that will be covered in the course. It is also important to have a solid understanding of basic concepts before moving on to more complex material.

3. How should I study for this midterm on the "noob" topic?

It is recommended to review lecture notes, textbook readings, and any other materials provided by the instructor. Practice problems and quizzes can also be helpful in preparing for the exam. It may also be beneficial to form study groups with classmates to discuss and review the material together.

4. Are there any specific areas of the "noob" topic that I should focus on for the midterm?

The specific areas to focus on may vary depending on the course and the instructor's emphasis. It is best to consult with the instructor or review the exam study guide to determine which areas will be covered on the midterm.

5. What can I do if I am struggling with understanding this "noob" topic?

If you are struggling with understanding the material, it is important to seek help from the instructor, teaching assistants, or tutoring services offered by the school. It may also be helpful to review the material multiple times and practice with additional resources such as online tutorials or study guides.