1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Not sure where to start what formula to use

1. Mar 18, 2007 #1
    my teacher gave our class this question and i just dont know what to do first, what formula doi use first????/:cry: :cry: im gonna fail!!!

A projectile is launched off a building at an angle of 19 degress at 27 m/s. if it lands 40 m from the base of the building, how high is the building??

please dont say the answer, i would really like to try this for myself but i just dont know what to do first.:cry:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2007 #2
    This will probably be moved to the homework section, this is not a forum to discuss school exercises.

Surely you have spent sometime doing constant acceleration in one dimension. This problem is not much more difficult then those, except that we have two independent directions, and so we can write the equation for constant acceleration in the x-direction and seperately write the equation for constant acceleration in the y-direction.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?