Obscure Tunes That You Should Listen To

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
36 replies · 7K views
Buckethead is amazing.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Apocalyptica. Thank you Poops I haven't heard of them before.
I think I still prefer Rasputina though(very popular in goth-industrial circles and fairly unknown otherwise).

And for those that like more traditional cello there is Zoe Keating, formerly of Rasputina.

Soul Coughingis one of my favourite bands that never got far.
Mike Doughty, formerly lead singer of Soul Coughing, is slowly reaching Tom Waits status as that famous guy that most people seem to have never heard of.

Devil Doll is a good female rockabilly/blues/torch singer.
 
Hmm, for some reason I am in a mood for Hungarian tracks today...

Locomotiv Gt - Ringasd El Magad (but none of the versions I have seen on youtube - studio version as published on the vinyl is much better IMHO).

Omega - Gyöngyhajú lány

Being teenager at the time they recorded these pieces surely helps ;)
 
Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
While I listen to popular hits, one of my favorite thing to do is to seek out obscure tunes/songs that most people don't know about, but are, in my opinion, great tunes/songs. Especially now with iTunes, it isn't difficult to simply get one particular track to sample. I find that many independent, smaller labels are more daring in their offerings, and there have been many songs that actually are as catchy and creative as any of the hits that you would hear.
Zz.

You are right
My favorite music style is Uplifting Trance
I recomend

Cellec - Love Of My Life (original mix)
Tukan - Light A Rainbow (Cj Stone)

The second tune is the classic one of Vocal Trance
Enjoy
 
Woozya - Some favorites: Alt + F4 by Alt + F4, Passing By by Darude, some of Steve Porter's stuff (ex. Electric Jelly; its mostly house), Zu Dicht Dran (don't know the artist), Synth and Strings by Yomanda, Feeling Good by Jokke, Kick Off by Dj Dean, a bunch of hardstyle and speedcore, and of course Cybotron, Joey Beltram, etc.

Anyone listen to minimalist techno? ^^
 
Last edited:
Arcade Fire - Antichrist Television Blues (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oljrHaEroa4&feature=related)

The Arcade Fire is actually a great band, most of their stuff is pretty good. Also check out Wake Up, My Body is a Cage, Intervention, and No Cars Go if you want some more of their stuff.

Spoon is a good band too, along with The Flaming Lips (although they aren't very obscure).
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
And for those that like more traditional cello there is Zoe Keating

One Cello x 16: Natoma is incredible. It has replaced Elegant Gypsy by Al DiMeola that I was listening round the clock lately. Well, I still HAVE to listen to DiMeola when I am not alone, as my wife doesn't like Zoe. She called her music "off tune noise" :smile: