Obtaining a Bachelor Degree in Physics: Online Options for 33-Year-Olds

  • Thread starter Thread starter plankoman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Work
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
plankoman
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I want to clear this up and to be completely sure and not to live in an illusion.
I am 33 years old,I am not a kid and have many responsibilities.
My main goal is to obtain a bachelor degree in physics.
I just cannot spend 3 or 4 years at some place in Europe to study physics regularly.
I saved some money and can afford to attend some physics courses.
Does it make any sense at all.Are there courses which may somehow lead me toward the degree;anywhere in Europe including even online possibilities.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Are there courses which may somehow lead me toward the degree

No, there are no courses which would lead one to a degree in physics.
 
General_Sax said:
No, there are no courses which would lead one to a degree in physics.

:smile:
 
There's no need to go to Europe for a physics degree; most universities offer one. Not all programs are accredited, though.

Are you in the US?
 
Rather than jumping right in, you might want to look for an introductory physics course - a "physics 101." These are often offered as night classes in community colleges and would allow you to take a step in the right direction without forcing you to quit your day job. Once you get through this and some first year math courses, you'll likely have a better idea of whether or not you'll want to pursue an entire degree.
 
Thank you for your answers.Unfortunately,I am not from US,I am from Europe.