Occupational Distribution Of Population

In summary, the conversation discusses the importance of reviewing the occupational distribution of population to understand various aspects of a population, such as population growth rate and efficiency of the working population. The conversation also mentions the use of census for this purpose and the possible motives of government in conducting census. The speaker believes that option D, industries becoming less important, is the most suitable answer to the question.
chikis

Homework Statement

Help! I just came across this question:
A review of occupational distribution of population from time to time help help us to know the A. rate at which the population grows B. number of people that make up the labour force C. effciency of the working population D. industries which are becoming less important E. number of people that are not employed.

Homework Equations

No equation is involved.

The Attempt at a Solution

I know there is something like census; which is an official count or survey of a population, typically recording various details of an individuals.
Population is further subdivided into occupational distribution of population, gender distribution of population and age distribution of population.
What am concerned with right now is the occupational distribution of population. To answer that question, we need to know why government do take census on the working populace. What is the motive behind that?
To me, I think do it just to know the number of people working and those not working so as to create more employment and make life better for it citizens.
None of the multiple choice answers seem to correctly describe the motive of government in doing so. I know that choice B, C, D and E may contain one of the reason or motives that is best suitable, but I want others to help me look into the topic so that we can analyse and resolve the question together.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think D is the most correct answer to my question.

What is the definition of occupational distribution of population?

The occupational distribution of population refers to the percentage of individuals in a given population who are employed in different occupations. It is a measure of the diversity of job types within a population.

What factors influence occupational distribution of population?

There are several factors that can influence the occupational distribution of population, including education levels, economic conditions, technological advancements, and cultural norms. These factors can impact the types of jobs available and the skills required for those jobs.

Why is studying occupational distribution of population important?

Studying occupational distribution of population can provide valuable insights into the job market, economic trends, and societal changes. It can also help policymakers and businesses make informed decisions about workforce development and resource allocation.

How is occupational distribution of population measured?

Occupational distribution of population is typically measured through census data and surveys that gather information about individuals' current occupations. This data is then used to calculate the percentage of individuals working in each occupation within a given population.

What are some potential implications of a skewed occupational distribution of population?

A skewed occupational distribution of population, where a large percentage of individuals are concentrated in a few occupations, can have various implications. It can lead to a shortage of workers in certain industries, a surplus in others, and a lack of diversity in the job market. It can also impact income inequality and career opportunities for individuals within the population.