Odd behavior after accessing Yahoo

• Thread starter sandy stone
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Behavior
In summary, the speaker has been experiencing scrambled keyboard settings on their Android tablet when visiting the Yahoo website, making it difficult to enter information online. They are able to fix the issue by resetting their keyboard settings, but are unsure if it is a problem with the website or their tablet. They are also curious if others have had similar experiences and if it could be caused by malware.
sandy stone
Recently whenever I visit the Yahoo website on my Android tablet, my keyboard settings are scrambled to the point where I can't enter info into text fields online; for instance, a search term into Google. A cursor will not appear in the text box. I can recover by resetting my keyboard settings, but I am curious (and a little apprehensive) about what is going on here. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Computer science news on Phys.org
malware?

What do you mean by "resetting my keyboard settings?"

By going to the settings menu on my tablet and going through several levels, I come upon an option to "reset keyboard settings", which seems to do the trick. However, now I am not so sure the problem is specific to the Yahoo website. Perhaps it is more a problem with my tablet.

1. What do you mean by "odd behavior" after accessing Yahoo?

By "odd behavior," I mean any unusual or unexpected actions or changes that occur on your computer or within the Yahoo website after you have accessed it. This can range from slow loading times to error messages to unexpected pop-ups.

2. Can accessing Yahoo cause my computer to behave strangely?

While accessing Yahoo itself should not cause any issues, it is possible for certain malware to disguise itself as a Yahoo website or advertisement. This can lead to strange behavior on your computer. It is important to have up-to-date antivirus software to help prevent this.

3. Why does my computer only act strangely after accessing Yahoo?

There could be a variety of reasons for this. It is possible that you have clicked on a malicious link or advertisement on the Yahoo website, or that your computer has been infected with malware that is triggered by accessing Yahoo. It could also be a coincidence and the strange behavior is unrelated to accessing Yahoo.

4. How can I fix odd behavior on my computer after accessing Yahoo?

If you are experiencing odd behavior on your computer after accessing Yahoo, the first step is to run a thorough virus scan with your antivirus software. If any malware is detected, follow the instructions to remove it. You can also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or using a different browser to see if that resolves the issue.

5. Is it safe to continue using Yahoo if I have experienced odd behavior?

If you have experienced odd behavior after accessing Yahoo, it is important to take precautions and make sure your computer is secure before continuing to use the website. As long as you have taken the necessary steps to protect your computer, it should be safe to continue using Yahoo. If you continue to experience strange behavior, it may be best to avoid the website and contact Yahoo support for further assistance.