Official College Football Bragging Rights Thread V2.0

  • Thread starter Thread starter LeBrad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    College Thread
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
93 replies · 13K views
Go Gators!:biggrin:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Not much to say about that other than "wow." I knew Ohio State wasn't going to be able to spread out Florida and pass all day like they seemed to do at will to everyone else they played, but I didn't see them being this completely shut down. I figured they'd have some success on defense, with Florida's lack of a running game. I thought it would be a fairly even matchup and a low scoring game. I was actually leaning Florida after the way USC dismantled Michigan, figuring Florida sported a similar mix of defensive speed and strength and speed rushers, but that was an extremely narrow lean.

I would never have predicted such a systematic domination. Hell, who would have? Heacock's defensive strategy extremely weak and the Buckeye o-line disappeared. I knew Troy Smith could be bothered after what Penn State did to him last year, but I never thought I'd see him perform this poorly. Kudos to the Gators. Their staff knew exactly what to do, Leak came through, and those defensive ends really delivered in a major way.