MacLaddy
Gold Member
- 290
- 11
Wow, I clearly do have issues. I agree wholeheartedly on my feelings about death.
Math Is Hard said:NeoDevin: Detached, aloof, and independent. Has a unibomber shack somewhere.
Math Is Hard said:You're all very troubled. Here are some analyses:
Georgina: clearly a voyeur
Hypatia: likes her privacy and for good reason. She has dark secrets, possible mafia ties
Turbo: frustrated by an Ed Wood-like desire to pet cashmere sweaters
Evo: a Pollyanna idealist. Doomed to dissapointment
Rootx: Child of saintly mother, and no woman lives up to this established paragon of virtue. Doomed to dissapointment.
NeoDevin: Detached, aloof, and independent. Has a unibomber shack somewhere.
The path represents how I view my life. I am the homely type. When asked to envision a path, I choose a path that doesn't wander far from my house and family.Jimmy Snyder said:I had the old homestead landscaped last year. There's a winding path through my side and back yards. I walk along it until I get to my patio table. There sits my wife looking tanned and beautiful.
The knife represents my relationship with my father. My father enjoyed the good things in life. I enjoy them too. In part because they are inherently enjoyable, but also because he did and I loved him.Jimmy Snyder said:On the table I find a butter knife. Also some excellent brie and a plate of water crackers. I spread some cheese on one of the crackers for myself and another for my wife. I set them aside for a moment.
The bottle represents my relationship with my mother. This is a tough one. After my parents divorced, my mother went to work to support the family. It was hard for her and she could not afford the finer things. What surprised me was that once the children became adults and moved away, she could afford better things. She wasn't interested in them and lived as cheaply as she could. She got enjoyment in life from doing, not from having.Jimmy Snyder said:I also find a bottle of champagne. It's a good year. I pour two small glasses, just enough to go with the cheese and crackers.
The body of water represents my feelings about sex. I like to dive right in.Jimmy Snyder said:The patio table is next to the pool. We take off our robes and jump in for a short swim.
The building represents my feelings about death. That last one was meant as a joke. My mother joked about it when she learned that she had little time left to live. I hope I will do the same when my time comes.Jimmy Snyder said:Now we're suitably relaxed and ready for adventure. We go inside to the parlor and try to think up a game to play.
Who (what deranged and demented mind) comes up with this stuff?Math Is Hard said:OK so here is the key, in white:
1. The path represents how you view your life
2. The knife represents your relationship with your father
3. The bottle represents your relationship with your mother
4. The body of water represents your feelings about sex
5. The building represents your feelings about death
Astronuc said:Who (what deranged and demented mind) comes up with this stuff?
Math Is Hard said:I don't know the original source, but it was introduced to me by the same people who taught me "Bloody Mary" and "Light as a feather, stiff as a board".
Lots more fun, too!Astronuc said:Spin the bottle worked better.![]()
An excellent way to predict whether.Astronuc said:Spin the bottle worked better.![]()
Math Is Hard said:OK so here is the key, in white:
1. The path represents how you view your life
2. The knife represents your relationship with your father
3. The bottle represents your relationship with your mother
4. The body of water represents your feelings about sex
5. The building represents your feelings about death
Math Is Hard said:You're all very troubled. Here are some analyses:
Georgina: clearly a voyeur
How could we of lived so far apart, yet known the same people?Math Is Hard said:I don't know the original source, but it was introduced to me by the same people who taught me "Bloody Mary" and "Light as a feather, stiff as a board".
Math Is Hard said:I don't know the original source, but it was introduced to me by the same people who taught me "Bloody Mary" and "Light as a feather, stiff as a board".
lisab said:Hmm...no...it sounds, erm, interesting. How does it go?
BobG said:I remember your old parlor game, too, except it had different items when we did it: you had to describe a path you were walking on, a bear you ran into and what you did, a key you found and what you did with it, a building along the path and what you did, water you came across and what you did, and a wall or fence across the path and what you did.
I never fell into drinking/smoking/gangs. I was so *good* that other kids used to tell their parents they were with me so they could go out.rootX said:Would that be a (proper) childhood if you never played any silly games?
If I ever get my childhood once again, I would do everything stupid and silly a child can do without falling into antisocial behavior like drinking/smoking/gangs etc. I did few silly things .. but they weren't enough.
I feel like being having too much of anything is not good and this also applies to being an ideal child.Evo said:I never fell into drinking/smoking/gangs. I was so *good* that other kids used to tell their parents they were with me so they could go out.
I was always the sober one, the one that got them out of trouble, the one that always stayed grounded. But it was also my group, my best friend was also a genius academically, they all were and well above me.
Anyway back to games. Yeah, I missed out.