On Garg's "Classical Electromagnetism in a Nutshell"

In summary, "On Garg's "Classical Electromagnetism in a Nutshell"" is a concise and comprehensive book written by Anupam Garg that covers the fundamental principles, equations, and applications of classical electromagnetism. It is suitable for both beginners and advanced students and researchers.
Joker93
Hello!
Is Garg's book "Classical Electromagnetism in a Nutshell" good?

Physics news on Phys.org
otaKu said:
Seems like a good book to me.
In case you haven't gone through these reviews, here are the links:

http://press.princeton.edu/titles/9771.html
Yeah I've read the reviews but I just posted here just in case anybody used this.
Did you use it?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I don't. Came to know about it for the first time.

1. What is "On Garg's "Classical Electromagnetism in a Nutshell""?

"On Garg's "Classical Electromagnetism in a Nutshell" is a book written by Anupam Garg that provides a concise and comprehensive overview of classical electromagnetism. It covers the fundamental principles, equations, and applications of electromagnetism in an easy-to-understand manner."

2. Who is the author of "On Garg's "Classical Electromagnetism in a Nutshell""?

The author of "On Garg's "Classical Electromagnetism in a Nutshell"" is Anupam Garg, a professor of physics and electrical engineering at Northwestern University. He is an expert in the field of electromagnetism and has won numerous awards for his contributions to the subject.

3. What topics are covered in "On Garg's "Classical Electromagnetism in a Nutshell""?

The book covers topics such as electrostatics, magnetostatics, electromagnetic waves, and Maxwell's equations. It also includes discussions on special relativity, energy and momentum in electromagnetic fields, and the behavior of charged particles in electromagnetic fields.

4. Is "On Garg's "Classical Electromagnetism in a Nutshell"" suitable for beginners?

Yes, "On Garg's "Classical Electromagnetism in a Nutshell"" is suitable for beginners as it provides a clear and concise introduction to the subject. However, some basic knowledge of calculus and physics is recommended.

5. Is "On Garg's "Classical Electromagnetism in a Nutshell"" a useful resource for advanced students and researchers?

Yes, "On Garg's "Classical Electromagnetism in a Nutshell"" is a valuable resource for advanced students and researchers as it covers a wide range of topics and provides a thorough understanding of classical electromagnetism. It also includes numerous exercises and examples to aid in the learning process.