On what plane of existence do quantum computations occur?

In summary, the conversation touched on the topic of MWI and the concept of possible worlds in relation to quantum mechanics. The question of where quantum computations occur was deemed unanswerable and personal speculation was discouraged. The conclusion was that the individual should take the time to learn QM rather than continue posting questions on the topic.
TunnelingthuWorlds
TL;DR Summary
Dimentionality, Many-World-Hypothesis
I was recommended by another mentor to purchase a good book on MWI, which I think should be a thread or poll of its own.

Anyway, I might have debased myself too much in that other topic, as I understand on an abstract level how QM works.

In my own words, I feel as though possible worlds are separated in some sense, otherwise, counterfactual definitiveness would never occur, and statistics would blow up.

Yet, much how we build tunnels through mountains instead of traversing over them, I believe that something similar in principle (and if not in principle, then why not) could happen between possible worlds.

To stop the meandering, I will simply ask, on what plane of existence do quantum computations occur?

Physics news on Phys.org
TunnelingthuWorlds said:
on what plane of existence do quantum computations occur?

The term "plane of existence" is meaningless. So this question is not answerable.

TunnelingthuWorlds said:
much how we build tunnels through mountains instead of traversing over them, I believe that something similar in principle (and if not in principle, then why not) could happen between possible worlds.

This is personal speculation and is off limits here at PF.

TunnelingthuWorlds said:
I understand on an abstract level how QM works.

Your questions do not support this claim. Please take the time to work through a textbook on QM and learn how it actually works.

This thread is closed. Please do not post another question along these lines; you have already posted several threads that, as you appear to recognize, have not gone well. The way to change that is not to keep posting questions as they occur to you. It is for you to take the time to learn QM.

1. What is a quantum computation?

A quantum computation is a type of computation that uses quantum bits, or qubits, to store and manipulate information. Unlike classical bits, which can only be in one of two states (0 or 1), qubits can exist in multiple states simultaneously, allowing for more complex and efficient calculations.

2. How is a quantum computation different from a classical computation?

In classical computation, information is processed and stored using classical bits, which can only be in one state at a time. In quantum computation, information is processed and stored using qubits, which can exist in multiple states at the same time. This allows for more complex and efficient calculations.

3. On what plane of existence do quantum computations occur?

Quantum computations occur on a quantum plane of existence, which is a theoretical concept that describes the physical laws and principles that govern the behavior of quantum systems. This plane of existence is distinct from the classical plane of existence that we are familiar with in our everyday lives.

4. How are quantum computations carried out?

Quantum computations are carried out using quantum computers, which are devices that use qubits to process and store information. These computers use specialized algorithms and techniques to manipulate and measure the states of qubits, allowing for the execution of quantum algorithms and calculations.

5. What are the potential applications of quantum computations?

Quantum computations have the potential to revolutionize fields such as cryptography, drug discovery, and artificial intelligence. They can also be used to solve complex optimization problems that are difficult for classical computers to solve. However, the technology is still in its early stages and further research and development is needed to fully realize its potential.