Operation of this hydraulic circuit?

• Thread starter Keeeen
  • Start date
Q6 circuit.PNG

Can anyone explain the operation of this circuit? I'm finding it hard to understand hydraulic circuits, like where is the source of fluid coming from? I know what all the components are and what they do. It's just trying to understand how it actually operates.

Attachments

Answers and Replies

.Scott
Homework Helper
As I read it:
You have electric motor E (M) driving pumps D into two lines. The difference in pressure between those lines is limited by relief valves B & C. Those lines are driving the hydraulic motor A. Pressure is drained from the lines through the check valve and adjustable flow restrictors (F).

As I read it:
You have electric motor E (M) driving pumps D into two lines. The difference in pressure between those lines is limited by relief valves B & C. Those lines are driving the hydraulic motor A. Pressure is drained from the lines through the check valve and adjustable flow restrictors (F).
That's more or less how I see it, thanks for the reply!

As I read it:
Can you see any limitations of speed control with this circuit? Will the hydraulic motor A only go as fast as the the electric motor E allows with no speed control at all?

.Scott
Homework Helper
Can you see any limitations of speed control with this circuit? Will the hydraulic motor A only go as fast as the the electric motor E allows with no speed control at all?
The only speed control I see is with those restrictor valves. If everything is set up symmetrically, then the hydraulic motor will not move. If you open the restrictor valve on the left and close the one on the right, the hydraulic motor will turn one way. If you close the right and open the left, it will turn the other.