Opinions on I.A. Maron's Mathematical Analysis textbook?

In summary, the conversation is discussing the availability and quality of a Russian math book called "IA Maron Mathematical Analysis." One person is unable to find anyone selling the book and mentions finding other books on Amazon about mathematical analysis. Another person remembers using the book for problem-solving and suggests checking abebooks.com for a seller. They clarify that the title of the book is "Problems in Calculus of One Variable" and provide a link to it on Amazon.
e-pie
Anyone completed IA Maron Mathematical Analysis?

Anyone like it?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm drawing a blank on this book. There seems to be no one even selling it.

I did find these books on Amazon concerning mathematical analysis:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Books-Mathematical-Analysis/zgbs/books/13955&tag=pfamazon01-20

Yeah it was a Russian book published way back by Mir Publishers. But it is discontinued right now. I used to work out the sums from this book. Russian math texts have a good collection of quality problems.

Maybe abebooks.com can locate a seller. Abe covers used books.

Sorry my memory failed me. The title of the book is Problems in Calculus of One Variable.

1. What is I.A. Maron's Mathematical Analysis textbook?

I.A. Maron's Mathematical Analysis textbook is a renowned mathematical textbook used for teaching undergraduate and graduate level courses in analysis. It covers topics such as calculus, limits, continuity, and series, among others.

2. Is I.A. Maron's Mathematical Analysis textbook suitable for beginners?

While I.A. Maron's Mathematical Analysis textbook is a comprehensive and well-respected textbook, it is not recommended for beginners. It is better suited for students who have a strong foundation in calculus and are looking to deepen their understanding of mathematical analysis.

3. What sets I.A. Maron's Mathematical Analysis textbook apart from other textbooks on the same subject?

I.A. Maron's Mathematical Analysis textbook is known for its clear and concise explanations, as well as its extensive collection of challenging problems. It also includes historical notes and real-life applications of the concepts, making it a well-rounded and engaging read.

4. Is I.A. Maron's Mathematical Analysis textbook suitable for self-study?

While I.A. Maron's Mathematical Analysis textbook can be used for self-study, it is best used as a supplement to a course or with the guidance of a teacher. This is because the textbook is dense and may be challenging to navigate without prior knowledge or support.

5. Can I use I.A. Maron's Mathematical Analysis textbook for advanced mathematical courses?

Yes, I.A. Maron's Mathematical Analysis textbook is suitable for advanced mathematical courses. It covers topics in great depth and includes challenging problems, making it a valuable resource for students looking to further their understanding of analysis.