Order of summation in series with multiple indices

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
user15197573
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
TL;DR
Series property
Can someone help me understand why what I wrote is correct? That is: If I have a sequence with double indices and if the summation of the elements modules of this sequence converges (less than infinite) than it does not matter how I make this sum (second line) they are going to be always the same. Thank you.
USA AQUI.jpeg
edit: Guys, I've just found the answer to this question in another post but I don't know how to delete this.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Why not post the answer you found for the benefit of others who may find your post and who may have the same question. This would also allow us to comment on how good an answer it was and perhaps give you some deeper insight to your question.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: user15197573
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: user15197573
jedishrfu said:
Why not post the answer you found for the benefit of others who may find your post and who may have the same question. This would also allow us to comment on how good an answer it was and perhaps give you some deeper insight to your question.
I'll take that into consideration in my next post since some people already answered here. Thank you.