1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Oregon State vs. Washington State

1. Nov 2, 2009 #1
    Hi! I'm narrowing down my college choices and looking at Oregon State and Washington State. Which school do you think has the better engineering program?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2009 #2
    US news ranks WSU at 75 and OSU at 82. Not much of a difference although I believe this corresponds to their graduate program. At either school you should have access to a good education. Are you a resident of either of these two states? Also, consider which field of engineering and the university location; western Washington/Oregon is very different from eastern Washington/Oregon.

I don't know your statistics or preferences but the University of Washington has a great engineering program (and it's in Seattle :D).

4. Nov 2, 2009 #3
    Oregon State has a reactor and Washington State is very well known for their civil engineering program. Pullman is more desolate than Corvallis, but both are small towns.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook