1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Oregon State VS Arizona State for physics undergrad?

1. Feb 6, 2016 #1
    I'm an international transfer student applying for UW Madison, Arizona State and Oregon State. My first choice would be Madison, but if I'm not accepted there, I'm going to one of the other two.

The problem is, I'm not sure which has a better physics program. The rankings put Oregon state higher, but I hear good things about ASU too. Could you guys offer any insight into which college I should consider?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2016 #2
    Which mascot do you like better? jk! Besides ranking what else do you know about the schools? Madison is a great choice, hope you get accepted!

4. Feb 11, 2016 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Which rankings?

5. Feb 11, 2016 #4

joshmccraney

Gold Member

Neither of these schools are significantly better than the other. However, the geography and city life of each is vastly different. ASU is warm year round and in a larger city. OSU sees more rain and is in a rural town: Corvallis. Since the rankings are nearly identical, maybe geography isn't the worst measure?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook