Natalie456 Messages 16 Reaction score 2 Thread starter Nov 10, 2017 #1 Please post this type of questions in HW section using the template and showing your work. I'm having difficulties figuring out where the new carbon-carbon bond would form. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! Attachments Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 10.03.42 PM.png 15.6 KB · Views: 894
I'm having difficulties figuring out where the new carbon-carbon bond would form. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
DrDu Science Advisor Messages 6,424 Reaction score 1,006 Nov 10, 2017 #2 Your product should contain a tricyclic substructure.
TeethWhitener Science Advisor Gold Member Messages 2,630 Reaction score 2,244 Nov 10, 2017 #3 DrDu said: Your product should contain a tricyclic substructure. Bicyclic, not tricyclic. The important point is what reactive intermediate is formed by the diazo structure.
DrDu said: Your product should contain a tricyclic substructure. Bicyclic, not tricyclic. The important point is what reactive intermediate is formed by the diazo structure.
DrDu Science Advisor Messages 6,424 Reaction score 1,006 Nov 10, 2017 #4 TeethWhitener said: Bicyclic, not tricyclic. The important point is what reactive intermediate is formed by the diazo structure. Correct! What I wanted to say is that it should contain a ring of 3 c atoms as a substructure.
TeethWhitener said: Bicyclic, not tricyclic. The important point is what reactive intermediate is formed by the diazo structure. Correct! What I wanted to say is that it should contain a ring of 3 c atoms as a substructure.