1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Orthographic to isometric drawing

1. Mar 21, 2014 #1
    Hi,

So I've just recently transitioned from converting isometric drawings --> orthographic to orthographic --> isometric and I am having quite a bit of difficulty with the latter

I have attached the question and my attempt at it (hardly anything because im having trouble visualising how the component looks like.

Any help would be appreciated

cheers

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2014 #2
    since my original post, I have fiddled around and seemed to come to a drawing that looks closer to the answer. Could anyone tell me if im on the right path? And also in the attachment, the portion circled doesn't look right to me, but I don't know how to make it seem 3D. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Attached Files:

4. Mar 21, 2014 #3

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The way you have the isometric drawn, you show the angled notch in the near corner of the object extending the full depth, which is not what the ortho projections indicate: the lines on the bottom should be invisible.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted