Our President is delusional, does that bother anyone?

• News
  • Thread starter kcballer21
  • Start date
In summary: Middle East dispute when he first came into the presidency. After 9/11, he called for a two-state solution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. But it was half-hearted at best, and appeared to be a sop to halt the al-Qaida recruitment of Palestinians who were losing hope of independence.
Does your insurance company pay twice as much if you knowingly ended your life in a sudden and violent way? Does it even pay at all if you committed suicide?

Physics news on Phys.org
Anttech said:
War is the ultimate game

You should probably re-read SOS's post, imo she wasnt infering Palestinian-Israeli plight is a game
Thank you Anttech, you are correct. This kind of debate is like debating abortion or other topics in which there can be no agreement between differing viewpoints. I prefer to avoid such topics, and members may note I don’t participate in threads of that type for this reason.

In this case, I'm not justifying any killing by anyone. That's the point--and why I'm not going to take sides in regard to a war in which both parties are responsible for killing. If I have inadvertently offended someone, I do apologize for this.

how do you know he doesn't actually talk to god?

Because God doesn't tell people to go to war.

He told the pope... 5 times.

Hurkyl said:
Does your insurance company pay twice as much if you knowingly ended your life in a sudden and violent way? Does it even pay at all if you committed suicide?

I didn't ask. There was no clause on suicide, but probably that's considered an "illness" and not an "accident".

As I read through these posts, I can't help but feel that humans are animals, no more and no less. Animals contest, often violently, with one another for the control of territory and resources. Why are we so surprised when we do?

Manchot said:
Because God doesn't tell people to go to war.

Can you source this interview of yours?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love popping into 200 post threads, looking at post 1 and the last few posts and wonder "hmm... let's see how far off point A and point B are this time". Doesn't seem that bad so far.

vanesch said:
I didn't ask. There was no clause on suicide, but probably that's considered an "illness" and not an "accident".
Check your policy - insurance companies pay nothing (or next to nothing) in cases of suicide.

Yonoz said:
Check your policy - insurance companies pay nothing (or next to nothing) in cases of suicide.
See, one more reason to be generous to those poor families of suicide bombers! They do not even get money from their insurance company :biggrin:
It has to arrive to you: you get married to what seems to be a nice, introvert guy, have a lot of kids, build a house... and then that nitwick goes and blows himself up in the middle of a crowded place ! Where do you go to get you out of misery ?

vanesch said:
It has to arrive to you: you get married to what seems to be a nice, introvert guy, have a lot of kids, build a house... and then that nitwick goes and blows himself up in the middle of a crowded place ! Where do you go to get you out of misery ?
To PF's Politics and World Affairs subforum, of course :tongue: